Industry - Consumer goods, retail
Location – Nairobi, Kenya
Summary of the Role:
DANIELS OUTLETS LTD is a leading HAND TOOLS & POWER TOOLS company located in Nairobi specializing in the supply of workshop tools, personal protective equipment’s and specialized industrial supplies in Kenya.
We seek to hire a self-driven sales manager who will be responsible in manager the sales team and hitting sales target to archive company’s goal
- The Sales Manager will oversee the departmental activities and will be accountable for achieving and exceeding the business’s sales targets, generating targeted revenue, and controlling sales expenses.
- The Sales Manager will also be in charge of driving results through sales personnel and managing the team and holding it accountable against business metrics. Additionally, he/she will oversee the management of the available advertising inventory in order to ensure that the department drives the most profitable sales.
- He/she will also be responsible in recruiting, hiring, training, and disciplining sales personnel to ensure optimum performance in this sales level.
- The Sales Manager will be responsible for directing sales activities and processes that lead to the generation of new business opportunities and the deepening of existent relationships. He/she will be tasked with translating the business’s market targets and strategies into specific actions for the generation of sales and revenue.
- In addition to this, the Sales Manager will be responsible for setting goals and targets that drive sales personnel’s actions and processes, he ensures that these goals are detailed, realistic, comprehensive, and aligned with the department and business’s overall objectives.
He/she will also allocate resources and time across the sales department and obtain, adjust, and allocate operations resources in a manner that will enable the achievement of sales and service goals.
- The Sales Manager will be responsible for the analytical role that ensures that the sales team takes an exhaustive approach to each task. He/she will conduct comprehensive and in-depth analyses, planning, and implementation for all sales personnel efforts and every work effort, and forward his/her findings and insights to Finance manager and the Managing Director for further consideration and incorporation into the wider sales strategies and approaches.
- The Sales Manager will be tasked with reviewing and adjusting the product mix targets, sales territories, and conducting competitive analyses all in an effort to find the business’s strengths and opportunities for capitalization while giving the business a competitive edge. The Sales Manager will also maintain the relevant databases to gather consumer and market information necessary for conducting analyses and generating accurate and timely results.
- Under this, the Sales Manager will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of relationships with the business’s consumers, regularly attending sales events and trade shows in order to promote the brand and establish meaningful and lasting relationships with existing consumers and all potential consumers.
- At their capacity, the Sales Manager will responsible for the identification and closing of new business opportunities. They will also tasked with keeping the business ahead in the market by keeping up with the latest sales, consumer, and market practices, which will keep the business at par or even ahead of other players in the market.
- The Sales Manager will work closely with the human resources department, the Finance department and the managing director on matters of sales personnel recruitment in order to guarantee quality hires. The Sales Manager also work closely with the above departments in deciding on new sales targets and appropriate strategies that will drive optimal performance and enable the achievement of the business overall goals.
Other Duties: The Sales Manager will also performs other duties as assigned by the Managing Director as they will report directly to the MD.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or any other related filed; An equivalent of a diploma/certificate in marketing with at least 5 years of experience is also acceptable for the position.
- Experience: At least 3 years of working experience (5 years for Diploma/certificate) in a sales or marketing managerial position. He/she should have a proven and successful track record in aiding the achievement of a sales department’s goals in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. He/she should have led a team of not less than 5 personnel. Experience in the tendering process will be an added advantage
- Communication Skills: The Sales Manager must also possess exceptional communication skills both in verbal and written form.
- Research and Analytical Skills: The Sales Manager must possess exceptional research and analytical skills
- Interpersonal Skills: The candidate must have excellent organizational ability, have an ability to multitask, prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- People Skills: The Sales Manager must be an approachable and relatable individual who portrays the same image of the business, hence, making the business appealing to consumers and potential consumers
How To Apply
Send your CV and Cover letter by COB 30th September 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.