Sales and Distribution Manager will be responsible for assisting in the advertising and selling of our company's product – fish and create a competitive advantage in the market industry. He/she will represent the company as a brand and drives strategies to increase product awareness by observing the market, competitors, and industry trends.
The role will be critical to the company’s overall short, medium-term and long-term strategy in developing and driving the trading strategy and operational excellence within depots and Route to Market.
The ideal candidate will be the high-level contact between the company and its consumers and will oversee both the “Push” and “Pull” elements in driving volumes, brand growth & market share. The position reports directly to the COO – Distribution.
• Directly accountable for a multi-channel region including the route to market, off-trade and on-trade. He/she will have leadership and people management responsibility which will include leading a team of sales representatives, Transport and Logistics officers.
• Generating unique sales plans, developing pricing strategies, meeting marketing and sales targets as well as human resource objectives.
• Ensure execution excellence at depot level across all channels, ensuring priority brand activity per segment is delivered excellently while building the capability of the team, to deliver the plan.
• Provide direction and leadership to the regional sales staff while implementing the company’s sales plans and strategies to maximize growth potential and achievement of the business KPI’s.
• Ensure high standards of brilliant execution are met in all outlets in order to grow the business.
• Effectively manage distribution depots, their performance and KPI’s to ensure they are set up to support the delivery of their sales targets.
• Identify new Route to Market opportunities, develop implementation plans to drive market penetration and share Accountabilities.
• Develop sales plans and budgets to achieve and exceed the annual sales objectives for the region. Monitor and control the sales budget to ensure optimum utilization of resources.
• Ensure optimal route to market to deliver improved distribution and market share gains.
• Develop and maintain an efficient distribution network to ensure the comprehensive availability of company products and services across the region to achieve or exceed sales targets.
• Generate sales through a team of salesmen in order to achieve or exceed the quarterly and annual sales targets.
• Conduct regular market visits to check route coverage, competitor activity, and continuously search for new opportunities in order to increase sales in the region.
• Establish and ensure that all sales administration procedures are properly implemented to support the sales teams in their efforts to accomplish the sales targets. Implement process and systems to drive customer profitability and achievement of long-term business sustainability.
• Develop strong relationships with key customers across the region, maintain and develop the outlet universe to correct classification, making resource changes to best serve the region’s needs.
• Develop and coach the sales team and ensure that they are well motivated and engaged to stay and contribute effectively to the business.
• Ensure compliance with Environment, Health and safety requirements at the workplace.
Professional Qualifications Needed
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• At least three to five years of working experience in the FMCG environment.
• Previous experience working in a start-up.
• At least one year of experience in handling trade association matters
• Experience in sales and distribution management.
• Excellent customer relations management.donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
• Strong sales management skills, including sales plans, developing pricing strategies, route to market development and brand growth & market share
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good written and oral communication skills.