REPORTING TO: HEAD OF SALES
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Find and develop qualified leads (cold calling), then convert them through the sales process into prospects and customers. Continuously keep the sales pipeline full with deals at various types and stages, including fresh/new (qualified) leads/introductions, mid and late stage sales life cycle targets. The ideal sales pipeline will always be full with a wide variety of account types, company sizes, diversified industries, transactional vs. strategic business and services offered.
• Engage prospects and customers to present the company s services, always furthering relationships up the value continuum towards the advisory (value added role).
• Advocate for both the company and the customer, striving to find win-win solutions that expand and further client relationships.
• Perform regular (daily) visits to qualified prospects and customers, in accordance with Managements directives, to drive the business and grow the company’s revenue, market share and profitability.
• Build relationships at all levels and represents the company in a professional manner, including making presentations.
• Conduct quarterly business reviews (QBRs) with clients.
• Update to customer relationship management (CRM) software and prepare/submit all required reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Achieve the annual growth targets (revenue, profit, volume) as defined in the sales planner.
Must be capable of closing business independently, although management team / corporate support are readily available.
• Define, develop and evaluate the marketing strategy, based on the organization's goals, market needs, cost factors and profit margin.
• Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote services.
• Building a comprehensive database about the markets, competitors and everything related to competitors, their products, prices and marketing plans.
• Define new shipping destinations while expanding shipping services.
• Contact customers, following up and answering all inquiries until sales goals are achieved.
• Analyze the data collected by Internal Sales team about markets and competitors and present them in the form of results for which appropriate decisions can be taken.
• Oversee the performance of Internal Sales team, direct them, evaluate their performance and recommend their training to improve overall performance.
• Responsible for sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure profitability, analyze business developments and monitor market trends.
• Negotiate contracts with sellers/ suppliers and clients.
• Coordinate and participate in promotional activities and exhibitions whenever necessary.
• Review sales reports and achieve profitability.
• Identify, market, qualify, and penetrate new business opportunities from existing and potential customers using territory management skills.
• Schedule customer appointments with key decision-makers to overcome barriers and identify growth opportunities in the local/ international global market.
• Educate customers on technology solutions to provide tracking, pricing, and reporting capabilities.
• Collaborate with Operations to establish standard operating procedures (SOP's) for meeting customer expectations.
• Plan quarterly business reviews (QBRs) with customers to review business trends and transit performance.
• Apply sales strategies gained from sales mentoring sessions to identify areas where solutions can be implemented.
• Identify account decliners and gainers to develop strategies for winning back business and promoting future growth.
Use state of the art customer relations management software (CRM) to develop strategic plans for customer growth and development.
• Grow the company's air, ocean freight, transit, import and export and domestic business/services in an assigned territory, in accordance with corporate objectives (gross profit).
• Continuously keep the sales pipeline full with deals at various types and stages, including fresh/new (qualified) leads/introductions, mid and late stage sales life cycle targets.
• Demonstrate effective negotiation and closing techniques in securing profitable business across all products and services.
• Conduct in-depth research on competitors’ products, pricing, and market success to gain insight into customer preference and interests.
• Gather feedback from customers / prospects and share with the internal teams.
• Manipulate and manage spreadsheets.
• Ensure client data variances as reported by the Management are followed up in a timely manner in order to pre-empt escalation to the relevant departments.
• Participating in local and global logistics bids, creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP/RFQ responses.
• Co-operate with regional offices and overseas agents in sales solicitation.
• Actively develop client relationships and be responsible for delivering services that meet the market requirements and offering smart solutions to secure new business.
• Participate in Monthly Business Review Meetings with key clients.
• Prepare the weekly / monthly and annually sales statistics reports for the Management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing/ Business/ Logistics and/or supply chain management, or equivalent/ Diploma in Sales and Marketing
• 5+ years of related outside sales experience, with a demonstrable book of business
and strong shipper relationships in diversified industries.
• Relevant (functionally specific) job knowledge and experience, including ocean, transit
& air freight, both import and export.
• Experience with ERP system.
• Proven track record in sales, prospecting and developing accounts.
• Knowledge of Windows based programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and principals of CMS (Customer Management System) is required.