Please note that we, New Age Associates, do not charge any fees to the prospective job seekers for their placement. If you receive any call or email request for fees payment, please do not pay. All fees are charges to the clients only
Position: Sales Assistant (Junior)
Reporting: To Sales Manager
Nationality: Kenyan Citizens
Industry: Supply Chain / Logistics / Freight forwarding
Qualification: Degree / Diploma in Freight forwarding / supply chain / logistics or equivalent.
Age Group: 25-30 years
Experience: A minimum 3 years’ experience in the Logistics sector in a similar role
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Joining: Immediate or after notice period.
Job purpose: To carry our direct sales management to help sales of Group’s products and services in accordance with agreed business plans.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Preparing quotations for Air, Sea, Road, Import and Exports worldwide.
2. Local and international projects and tenders.
3. Assist in preparing customer profiles; folders for quotations submitted; and files for follow up in order to maintain an up to date database.
4. Maintaining the quotation log and giving monthly reports with analysis of results.
5. Following up on each and every quote submitted and filling the feedback.
6. Collaborating with internal departments to provide excellent customer service at all time.
7. Running regular customer feedback surveys, and sharing the results to drive service improvement.
8. Maintaining a proactive and collaborative approach to problem solving for customers.
9. Maintaining a close liaison with the Operations Department to support them in maintaining a close relationship with customers.
10. Collaborating with the Operations Department to develop right solutions for customers; and guide shippers on any special shipments that involve higher risks.
11. lengthy documentation and special customs procedures.
12. Sourcing for rates from partners and in liaison with the Sales Manager preparing winning offers to clients.
13. Assisting in preparing new collateral materials to support Business Development efforts
14. Assisting in preparing and submit all tenders’ quotes and thereupon make effective follow ups till tender is converted into actual profitable business.
If your qualification and background matches, you can email us your profile.