The Great Mushrooms Company and Kigali Farms
The Great Mushrooms Company (TGMC) is the Kenyan distributor for Kigali Farms mushrooms. Based in Rwanda, Kigali Farms works to help fight chronic malnutrition by providing the foundation of a sound mushroom industry and allowing mushrooms to become a meaningful part of the East African diet. Kigali Farms is the largest and highest quality producer of fresh mushrooms in East Africa. Kigali Farms is also a social enterprise dedicating to fighting malnutrition with the help of oyster mushrooms. For this purpose, Kigali Farms produces HACCP-certified oyster mushroom substrate which is distributed, along with plentiful technical assistance, to hundreds of micro-entrepreneurs in rural North and West Rwanda.
TGMC and Kigali Farms strive to improve mushroom productivity and bring mushrooms within reach of most East African household budgets. We hope to make mushrooms in EAC as plentiful as tomatoes, carrots, or bananas.
We envision mushrooms as the most cost-effective source of protein for anyone in East Africa – one that will provide many with new income opportunities and a healthier diet, hence tackling food insecurity and malnutrition.
The TGMC Spirit
At TGMC we value team spirit above all else. We expect you to be creative and effective and have fun in the process, bring your best ideas to the team, support your teammates, and ask for support when you need it. You will be working very hard! We want you to be highly motivated by our mission of fighting malnutrition and understand how everyone at TGMC contributes to this mission by making us a stronger team. We want you to share in the vision that mushrooms can and will make a difference, because together we are laying the foundation of a new industry in our region, an industry which will eventually provide income and nutrition to hundreds or thousands.
The Position & Key Deliverables: Sales Associate
The Sales Associate will:
• Identify and analyze prospective new customers for mushrooms in both existing and new markets (especially HORECA) and close deals with the support of the Sales Manager
• Build a database of current and prospective HORECA customers to pursue; use this database to take the lead on building a portfolio of new HORECA customers
• Push sales for new products (dried mushrooms, cheese, etc.) to both existing and new customers
• Carry out a competitor analysis by consistently monitoring competitors’ products, prices, and market conditions to give TGMC a competitive edge
• Continuously work on building and developing a sales pipeline in order to exceed targets
• Maintain a high level of communication between TGMC, Kigali Farms, and our customers
• The Sales Associate will report to the Sales Manager
• Proven team player with unquestionable integrity
• Problem solver and results oriented
• Fluency using Excel
• Minimum of two years’ experience in sales
• Bachelor’s degree required
Send your application (resume and cover letter) via "Apply Now Button". Please include Sales Associate in the subject line.
We are looking for people able to start ASAP! Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.