The qualified candidates will be reporting to the organization’s Human Resource and Administrative Officer.
Key skills and Competencies:
• Must be disciplined and capable of taking instruction;
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
• Good at working with money and numbers;
• Proficient in basic IT Programs;
• Impeccable integrity;
• Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision;
• Results oriented;
• Physically and medically fit with the ability to be on your feet for long hours;
• Easily adaptable; and,
• Team player.
i. Running the cash register and ensuring the proper check-out process is followed;
ii. Maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the work-station by dusting and vacuuming, washing the windows and doors, and straightening the merchandise;
iii. Arranging the work-station in a manner that attracts the attention of customers;
iv. Greeting customers and offering them assistance;
v. Becoming familiar with the products and share this knowledge with customers;
vi. Answering questions from and providing information to customers about products;
vii. Informing the customers about purchasing incentives;
viii. Preparing sales reports on a daily basis;
ix. Being available to work shifts; and,
x. Participating in workplace safety training sessions.
xi. Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Additional Skills and Behavior Traits:
• Ability to work well in high pressure environments;
• Able to practice confidentiality;
• Demonstrated ability to meet high sales targets;
• Dynamic enough to work in 12 hour day or night shifts; and,
• Be between 22 and 38 years of age.
• Certificate of diploma in any Business or Hospitality related course;
• Proficiency in basic IT programs;
• 2-3 years’ experience in a dynamic sales position;
• Ability to obtain a clean and recent Certificate of Good Conduct; and,
• The ability to speak a foreign language shall be an added advantage.
How to apply for the position
If you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the above specified criteria for the above position, kindly submit your application letter, updated Curriculum Vitae together with copies of your academic and professional certificates as one scanned pdf document with ‘POSITION APPLIED FOR’ as the subject line. Your remuneration expectation MUST be included in your Curriculum Vitae.
EXPECTED SALARY: A Net salary of ksh 15,000 and commissions on sales