Department/Group: Sales / Customer Service Department
Job Number: 1
Location: Sabaki - Athi River
Travel Required: Minimal
Position Type: Full Time
Direct Supervisor: Sales Manager
• Greet and direct customers.
• Schedule visits to the showroom for prospective clients to provide demonstrations on how various company products work.
• Performs sales activities and negotiates sales price discounts in consultation with the Sales Manager.
• Create and send Quotations to client.
• Reviews LPO’s for orders, progress of sales and generates regular reports as required by the Sales Manager.
• Renew Contracts/Service Level Agreements with existing clients.
• Seeks opportunities to persuade existing clients to purchase other products, upgrades or add-ons to make more profitable sales.
• Promptly responds to customer queries and inquiries.
• Ensure that you are familiar with Automan International ’s products and services to effectively answer customers’ questions about specific products/services.
• Stay up-to-date with new products/services.
• Administrative skills - i.e. Filing, quotation/tender writing
• Generate timely reports to the Sales Manager including closed sales, timelines and sales projections.
• Take part in marketing activities to promote Automan International products and enhance the brand.
• Provide accurate information (e.g. product features, pricing and after-sales services).
• Cross-sell products.
• Coordinate with the Sales team to provide excellent customer service.
• Inform customers about discounts and special offers.
• Provide customer feedback to the Sales Manager.
1. Proven work experience as a Sales Representative, Sales Associate or similar role
2. Understanding of the retail sales process
3. Familiarity with consumer behavior principles
4. Track record of achieving sales quotas and excellent customer delivery
5. Excellent communication skills, capable of building trust relationships
6. Ability to perform in fast-paced environments
7. Flexibility to work various shifts
8. A diploma, degree or equivalent experience in a business-related field
Role Related Competencies (Behavioral Indicators):
• Language - English and Kiswahili proficiency and eloquent.
• Communication skills - Professional Email Etiquette
• Presentable, well groomed
• Customer service skills
• Highly motivated with a passion for excellence and business growth
• Able to develop external partnership and strategic alliances
• Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
• Excellent team player
• Results and performance oriented
• High level of planning and execution
• Has sound financial awareness and is profit focused.
• Able to effectively manage internal and external relationships.
• Demonstrates the skill to work collaboratively with other functions with highly effective outcomes.