Department/Group: Sales Department
Travel Required: Minimal
Employment Level Management – Upper Level
Position Type: Full Time
Direct Supervisor: Company Director
Streamline Marketing structure in line with corporate strategy; provide strategic and marketing guidance to ensure the company’s objectives are met; grow ’s client base and revenue growth objectives. Develop and implement marketing strategies to include pipeline management, revenue growth strategies, guiding and training the sales team, planning product development programs and providing high level management reports on sales programs.
• Contribute to the achievement of the company’s business objectives by developing and implementing strategic sales plans.
• Direct and control sales staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and developed so that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
• Develop, analyze and control expenditure of the sales department to ascertain compliance to budgetary requirements.
• Guide presentation of sales and marketing activity reports and present them to the senior management team.
• Monitor competitor product, sales and marketing activities with a view to ensuring remains competitive.
• Establish and maintain relationships with key clients and strategic partners, and industry influencers.
• Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals for sales team accordingly.
• Direct training and performance evaluation of sales team to ensure requisite competencies are identified and retained.
• Assist other departments within to prepare manuals and technical publications as and when requested.
• Oversee staffing needs, participate in recruitment and make recommendations in hiring decisions.
• Proactively attend Trade shows, Seminars, Conferences and other networking events in order to generate new leads and drive business.
Role related Qualifications/Skills:
• Relevant University Masters Degree e.g. Marketing
• Post graduate certification in Sales and Marketing will be an added advantage
• Certification in Management/Leadership skills.
• Minimum 15 years experience with at least five of these in a management capacity
• At least 5 years Technical experience in the Security industry
• Deep knowledge of operational processes and implementation of the same
• Member of a professional sales or marketing body is an added advantage
Role Related Competencies (Behavioral Indicators):
• Commercially astute, insightful and able to operate at both a strategic and operational level.
• Able to develop external partnership and strategic alliances.
• Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Strong leader who can influence and develop others.
• Results and Performance oriented.
• Able to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision making.
• Highly motivated with passion for excellence and business growth.
• Good Interpersonal skills with the ability to embrace and work with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to multitask.