Our client, a global trading, logistics, and distribution company specializing in the supply of chemicals and fertilizers, is seeking to recruit a Sales Executive for their fertilizer business in Nairobi. The incumbent shall be responsible for the identification and conversion of new business development opportunities in the Fertilizer sector. The successful candidate will be accountable for achieving volume, revenue, and margin growth targets by growing company market share with existing customers in the fertilizer business through the sale of product and service offerings, and by acquiring new customers by providing consultative solutions
• Managing customer relations by being the point of contact for customers, updating customers on the availability of products, and the status of their order.
• Understanding the competitive environment and strategizing priorities to select target customers.
• Increased business development.
• Visit current and potential customers regularly.
• Review accounts to identify problems, such as overdue accounts.
• Visit/Liaise with customers to discuss and resolve payment problems.
• Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Travel throughout the assigned territory on customer visits to solicit orders, & talk with customers.
• Conduct research and liaise with the management team on taking the sales prospect further.
• Keep customers informed about any challenges regarding the execution of orders/contracts.
• Recognize customers’ stages in their decision-making cycle and use the information strategically.
• Possess excellent in-depth knowledge of products.
• Keep up-to-date and informed on market, industry, and regulatory issues.
• Prepare and present periodic sales reports to the management.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Sales & Marketing or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Fertilizer sales.
• Ability to build reports and forecast on sales as well as trends.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and strong negotiation and influential skills.
• Strong relationship management ability.
• Extensive business-to-business sales experience.
• Excellent understanding of the Fertilizer industry in Kenya.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 90,000 - 95,000 (Approx. 800-1,000 USD).
Deadline: 7th December 2020.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks, your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles, so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Leading Recruitment & Executive Search Company in Kenya; Summit Recruitment & Search, Blixen Court, Karen Road, Karen ***