Background and Scope
The individual is responsible for finding and engaging with new customers through referrals, networking, and cold calling. S/He will maintain relationships with their existing customer base through office visits, meetings, check-up calls, or follow-up emails. S/He will conduct market research and provide insights and recommendations to management for their approval.
• Conduct weekly and monthly price survey’s providing management with insights into pricing strategies currently being employed by competitors.
• Undertake research into sales strategies and unique selling points being used by competitors and provide management with suggestions on how to counter or match these strategies.
• Mapping specified territory and developing sales and marketing strategies to be used to acquire customers.
• Engagement with potential customers through cold-calling, customer visits and company presentations.
• Provide accurate sales forecasts, report on sales activities and customer engagements to management on a daily basis.
• Meet weekly and monthly targets for new customer accounts.
• Where applicable, coordinate sales efforts with other team members, identifying opportunities for cross-selling with other business units.
• Maintain a minimum 95% customer retention rate with a focus on continued monthly engagement against the specified territories master client list
• Ensure existing customers have their needs met, obtaining orders, planning for deliveries.
• Follow-up on invoices due and ensure that all customer statements are accurate and up to date.
• Resolve customer complaints by:
o investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports on this and making recommendations to management and,
o Regularly update the customer complaint register ensuring that all issues raised are addressed and closed in accordance with the company’s customer service policy.
• Suggest relevant and applicable upsells to customers with the goal of providing long-term value.
• Developing and maintaining a master list of customers, with key contacts, alternative contacts, location, status and other pertinent details for their respective areas of operation.
• Meet weekly and monthly sales quotas for product sales to existing customers.
• Keep abreast of best practices and developments in the oil and gas industry
• Actively participate in industry events when requested by management and report back on new developments.
• A business-related degree and advanced diploma in sales & marketing.
• Minimum of five (5) years sales experience in the oil industry.
• Business acumen and customer-focused - A commitment to excellent customer service.
• Understanding of the sales process and dynamics
• Good communication and problem-solving skills and ability to building effective teams
• Good planning, organizing and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Dynamic and self-driven individual with ability to deliver stretching targets with minimal supervision.
• Good analytical skills
• Networking abilities
• Basic knowledge of MS office