The incumbent should be personable, takes pride in closing deals, is well networked, and has experience working/selling solar systems. They should have a passion for new brands, enjoys the challenges and opportunities that come with positioning them in the Kenyan and East African Market. They should also have the technical understanding of the the solar panel installation process, design, and ability to communicate complex information to customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and manage end to end activities for solar system installation as per the Sales agreement and client needs.
- Make field visits to understand client needs, advise on the solar system scope, and generate quotes.
- Ensure timely response & attendance to all Solar system inquiries and quotations while adhering to internal pricing & process guidelines.
- Report on the progress of planned activities and assist with the identification of potential risks and issues.
- Resolve and manage risks, implementation obstacles, and partner relationship issues as they arise.
- Generate sales through sales activities such as cold calling, client meetings, responding to customer inquiries, prospecting new customers attending workshops and networking events to forge lasting customer relationships.
- Conduct market research and carry out customer segmentation and identify new trends in the market to keep knowledge of the competitor`s status.
- Management and submission of tenders in liaison with the Sales Chief.
- Prepare accurate quotations to ensure prospective clients are fully informed on product prices for enhanced customer satisfaction, attraction, and retention.
- Follow up on potential customers in the sales pipelines to close sales.
- Ensure compliance with industry and relevant government bodies (ERC)for energy policy updates, requirements, and product specs.
- Enter and regularly update correct and accurate customer details and information on the Sales CRM system.
- Generate weekly and monthly sales reports to discuss with the Chief of sales to help the management make informed decisions and appraise performance.
- After-sales and support
- Communicate aftersales support to potential and existing customers.
- Follow up on current customers on their maintenance and support needs and ensure timely delivery of the same.
- Build and maintain positive work relationships with clients to create a rapport that facilitates fosters customer loyalty and generates aftersales revenue.
- Diplomatically handle customer complaints whilst maintain and guarding the company`s reputation.
- Be a brand Ambassador and conduct themselves to the same standards.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOR
- BSc. in Sales & Marketing or relevant experience in a similar role.
- 4 years of working experience in sales. Experience in the Renewable energy (Solar) industry is an added advantage.
- Ability to use CRM as a tool for reporting.
Knowledge, specifically needed for the position.
- Feels strong about being part of a business that combines commercial success and long-term positive social and environmental impact.
- Technical capability to understand and interpret solar design and the installation process.
- Accurate data-driven reports of competition as well as customer profiles.
- Ability to create customer relationships and especially at the C-suite level.
- Skills in creating grand presentations for clients.
- Ability to communicate complex information and interpretation of the solar design to customers.
- Project Management skills.
- Willingness to travel frequently for customer visits and project management.