Department/Group: Sales Department
Travel Required: Minimal
Position Type: Full Time
Direct Supervisor: Sales Director
• Recommends opportunities to be incorporated in the marketing strategy based on the company objectives.
• Develops specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company products.
• Negotiate product costs to ensure AUA remains profitable.
• Design Proposals and Bills of Quantities and ensure they are submitted on time.
• Collaborates with Sales Director to establish and control budgets, while reviewing expenses and making appropriate recommendation.
• Coordinate with the Operations/ Head of Projects to ensure that the scope of work is adhered to and that any additional customer requests are handled and billed separately.
• Schedules and visits prospective clients to provide demonstrations on how various company products work.
• Performs sales activities and negotiates sales price discounts in consultation with the Sales Director.
• Reviews LPO’s for orders, progress of sales and generates regular reports as required by the Sales Director.
• Renew Contracts/Service Level Agreements with existing clients.
• Coordinate with legal concerning client contracts.
• Seeks opportunities to persuade existing clients to purchase other products, upgrades or add-ons to make more profitable sales.
• Promptly responds to customer queries and inquiries.
• Build a stable revenue base and ensure high levels of repeat business, by developing strong customer relationships.
• Ensure that you are familiar with AUA’s products and services.
• Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams.
• Collaborates with Sales Director to formulate marketing policies, practices and procedures.
• Educates sales team by establishing in-house programs to grow their sales competencies.
• Holds regular meetings with Sales staff.
• Generate timely reports to the Sales Director including closed sales, timelines and sales projections.
• Attend trade shows and conferences for networking and generation of new leads.
• Take part in marketing activities to promote AUA’s products and enhance the brand.
Role Related Qualifications/Skills:
• Relevant University Degree e.g. Sales & Marketing
• Post graduate certification in Sales and Marketing will be an added advantage
• At least 7 years’ experience, 5 of which should be in a management role and at least 2 in Sales & Marketing.
• Member of a professional sales or marketing body is an added advantage
• Certification in Management/Leadership skills.
Role Related Competencies (Behavioral Indicators):
• Highly motivated with a passion for excellence and business growth
• Able to develop external partnership and strategic alliances
• Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
• Excellent team player
• Results and performance oriented
• High level of planning and execution
• Good leadership skills with the ability to influence and develop others
• Has sound financial awareness and is profit focused.
• Able to effectively manage internal and external relationships.
• Demonstrates the skill to work collaboratively with other functions with highly effective outcomes.