The Sales Manager will cover Sales & Collection, Dealer management & Network expansion, Distribution & Dispatch, Depot operation management, Commercial, Marketing and Sales Team performance review & tracking related job responsibilities:
Salary: Ksh 150,000 – 300,000 (Depending on Experience)
Core Job Functions:
• Sales and Collection target setting & monitoring
• Sales Planning and forecasting.
• Manages an assigned geographic area to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
• Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales team.
• Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales volume/value and GP.
• Manage, develop, coach, control and motivate the sales team to develop their skills to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and maintaining an effective, efficient and professional sales team.
• Co-ordinates proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
• Supports and facilitates sales team in all day-to-day sales activities.
• Co-ordinates and co-operates with sales team to meet day to day business requirements.
• Schedules diaries, updates sales team by consolidating, analysing, and forwarding daily action summaries.
• Maintains customer database by inputting customer profile and updates, preparing weekly/monthly reports.
• Keeping track of value, volume & focus products vis a vis sales targets.
• Provides projection v/s sales results by preparing and forwarding sales tracking reports
• Prepares sales presentations by compiling data, developing presentation formats and materials and distributing the same to the sales team.
• Provides product, promotion, and pricing information to the sales team & customers; selecting appropriate information; forwarding information; answering questions.
• Tracks sales expenses by tracking, consolidating, analysing, and summarizing expenses; before forwarding for reimbursement.
• Product complaint handling: deploying proper product complaint management system & record keeping. Receiving, managing & timely redressal of product complaints.
• Accomplishment of departmental and organizational goals by achieving desired results.
Details Of Job Function:
1. Sales and Collections:
• Sales and Collection target setting per territory/ dealer/ product in accordance with the broad supervisory guidelines of Management.
• Sales Forecast – preparation of Sales Forecasts for the Territory / Area assigned per Sales Person / dealer/product
• Designing & implementing dealer schemes. Develops specific plans to ensure sales volume growth in all major products.
• Develops sales strategies to improve market share in major markets in Nairobi as well as in important product lines.
• Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping with current market supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
• Focuses to increase product visibility at hardwares and putting best efforts to increase sales of premium products
• Track, collate and interpret sales figures. Generate timely sales reports.
2. Dealer management and network expansion:
• Assists sales team in establishing personal contact and rapport with top customers. Lead the top-to-top meeting with key customers to ensure strong relationship and remove business obstacles, aligning with long term company direction. Cultivate effective business relationships with executive decision makers in key accounts.
• Performs sales activities on major accounts and negotiates sales price and discounts in consultation with Management.
• Ensuring regular visits of Sales Team to the dealers’ outlet and submitting status reports for each visit
• Ensuring that all the communications are documented as per Management guidelines and approvals to the dealers on product pricing, schemes, cash discounts, Sales-collection linked benefits etc.
• Ensuring that the Customers-Dealers are served for their requirements in the quickest possible time to ensure Dealer Satisfaction particularly in issues pertaining to customer service, logistics, accounting etc.
• Monitoring performance of DU and ensuring effective utilisation of DU by selling super premium & premium products.
• Investigate lost sales and customer accounts. Design corrective action plan immediately to ensure minimum damage that to be recovered in short span of time.
• Establishing, maintaining and expanding new market and new customer base. Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market.
• Educates sales team for new dealers’ grooming, sales and growth, sales of new & focus products and improving product depth, profitability, improved presentation strategies, competitive strategies, proper use and level of sales support.
• Collecting customer feedback and market research. Keeping up to date with products and competitors.
3. Distribution and Dispatch:
• Co-ordinates with distribution Dept for accurate & timely delivery for dealers’ servicing.
• Resolves order and inventory problems by investigating data and history; identifying alternate means for filling orders; notifying sales team and customers.
• Keeping eyes on weekly forecasting of KANBAN, top 50 SKUs and indentifyng for other SKUs as per requirement.
• Adherence to the Credit Control Policies and ensure Dealers outstanding levels within control & approved limits.
• Ensure account reconciliation will be done with dealers by sales team on monthly basis and balance confirmation will be received from dealers on quarterly basis.
• Maintaining effective rapport with the credit control team for ensuring that the Dealer Accounts are updated and dealers are supplied necessary accounting statements well in time to avoid confusion.
• Keep close track and control on Sales return and Check return ratio per sales person & dealer to maintain commercial discipline.
• Ensure proper brand visibility through branding (in-shop & outdoor), dealers’ sign board, local activities etc.
• Ensuring proper product positioning in dealers’ outlet, availability and display of material at dealers’ outlet, and enhancing secondary sales.
• To keep track of local events and celebrations to explore the possibilities of getting associated with it to improve brand image and Sales volumes.
• Submitting recommendations for sales promoters for in-shop selling, branding requirements, and promotional material requirements as per business priorities in accordance with local / territory requirements.
• Submitting recommendations for painters’ training program, counter staff training program, dinners with dealers, dealers’ meet, painters’ & dealers’ factory visits etc.
• Collaborates with Management to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and trade expenses.
• Develop innovative promotional ideas and material.
6. Team Performance Review and Tracking:
• Performance tracking of all sales team and initiating necessary measures for target achievement & performance improvement.
• Manage Sales team to ensure targets are delivered through people management, performance review, reward and individual recognition.
• Holds regular weekly meeting with sales staff to review sales progress against plan.
• Provides quarterly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity.
• Recruit new staff into team focusing on strong sales competencies and ensure that they perform well through coaching and mentoring skills.
• Identifying training needs of sales team and recommending for suitable training program.
• Checking, monitoring & reviewing sales with sales team on weekly basis and provides prompt resolutions to issues/queries/suggestions/feedback
• Ensure adherence to all sales policies, practices and procedures.
• Reward & Penalty: Sales Team Reward & Penalty in consultation with Management for timely appreciation & penalty.
• Degree in Sales and Marketing or any other applicable business degree
• At least 7 years’ experience in FMCG Industry with a bias on building materials (Paint, Cement etc)
• Candidates with experience in similar role in building industry will have an advantage
• Strong personality with proven track leading regional sales teams
• Provable track record driving ambitious sales targets
• An operations expert with deep understanding of the distribution channels and models within the industry