The ideal candidate will be responsible for accelerating the growth of sales, defining, and executing appropriate sales strategies; business development, marketing, and support programs to maximize revenue and profitability. He/she must have at least 8 years’ sales experience working in the same position in the Automotive
• Manages and oversees key sales functions, such as the customer support team, the sales management team, and the key account management team.
• The sales manager ensures that all these departments work effectively and harmoniously to ensure the sales force productivity level stays high.
• Create strong relationships with key stakeholders at both senior and mid-management levels.
• Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
• Maintain sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
• Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition and supply and demand.
• Identify growth opportunity areas and business dealers to strengthen our business.
• Review and document market research and intelligence feedback.
• Protect and develop the existing dealers and clients through continuous relationship building and customer services programs.
• Regular and constant monitoring, analysis & evaluation of competitor activity, their effect on the business and in the market.
• Dealer and Network Development through brand visibility, dealer training, relationship management, close monitoring to enforce compliance and commitment of the dealers.
• Work with internal teams to ensure the highest level of customer service.
• Problem resolution – technical, warranty, customer complaints, etc.; professionally and timely.
• Handle all customer feedback with root cause analysis and countermeasures for customer satisfaction.
• Customer database management – ensure completeness, accuracy, and usefulness of data always.
• Customer retention strategies through developing the existing customer base, continuous relationship building and customer satisfaction initiatives.
• Works with the finance department in formulating and deciding sales team budgetary allocations for optimal functioning and performance.
• Ensure reports and other internal intelligence and insight is provided to the management team of the organization.
• Analyze pipeline and lead data, deliver periodic reporting to the general manager teams providing key business insights.
• Work with the Sales, Account Management, and branch teams to implement targeted sales strategy.
• Sales planning, annual target setting and sales budgeting for the department and team.
• Branch performance management. Review of branch managers and assign sales target.
• Coaching, mentoring and guiding the sales team including branch managers.
• Staff training and development needs assessment.
• Maintain sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Must have Degree/Diploma in a mechanical or business-related field.
• Must have a minimum of 8 years’ sales experience especially in automotive spare parts with at least 3 years in a management position.
• Must have experience in sales distribution or channel execution.
• Must have superior analytical skills coupled with strong business acumen.
• Must have excellent leadership/People Skills: exceptional leadership skills, demonstrating an ability to move and influence a large team towards a common goal and objective.
• Must be proficient at analyzing data, building reporting, and making strategic recommendations based on data and trends.
• The successful candidate will be energetic, persuasive, and well organized and able to demonstrate the ability to sell.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 200,000 – 250,000 /= (Approx. – (2,000-2,500 USD) depending on individual skills and experience.
Career Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma Certificate.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 12th March 2021.
We endeavour to contact all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience