Job Title: Sales Manager
Job Category: Management
Location: Nakuru Bakery Office
Travel Required: Yes
Role and Responsibilities
Develop New, Establish, Control and Manage Sales & Marketing Strategies, Promotions, Staff and Resources for Continuous Bakery Sales Growth in both Unit Increase and Turnover Increase.
Manage and lead the Bakery Sales staff to be the optimum team for driving excellent service to United’s Customers by increasing the daily volume of units above set targets and budgets.
Evaluate, Measure and Report on the progress and deviations of sales status on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
• Increases sales admin effectiveness by ensuring the right orientating, training, coaching, counseling and disciplining of staff through communicating core values, strategies and objectives by assigning accountabilities. Lead and assist in planning, monitoring, appraising results and developing incentives. Develop a climate where all staff can reach their full potential.
• Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards and procedures
• Build and enhance company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
• Coordinate sales efforts with all departments, PRODUCTION- Procurement, Stores, Packaging and Dispatch. SELLING- Marketing, Distribution/Delivery, Orders, Creditors. TRANSPORT- Vehicles, Routes and Vehicle Maintenance. ADMINISTRATION- Finance, Human Resources.
• Create budget and Capital requirements for the bread sales department.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Degree qualification required.
• Qualifications in Sales and Marketing required.
• At least 5 years in FMCG Managerial position.
• Communicate successfully in both written and verbal format in Swahili and the English language.
• Proficient in office administration, computer literacy on advance level. MS Office for Presentations, Graphs, Spread Sheets and Documents.
• Excellent telephone skills and conflict resolutions skills. Must be able to keep an angry customer happy that his/her problem is being attended to.