USER FIRST │ TRUST │ IMPACT
Job Description: “Sales Manager”
You shall be responsible for sales growth through effective management of a Sales team. You shall formulate, review and implement plans to penetrate and grow assigned vertical markets, to grow revenue and market share. The Sales Manager shall also provide leadership to the Sales team to ensure that objectives are consistently met and are also aligned to the Companies objectives.
The position holder may be expected to review the current team structure for effective selling.
Connecting Africans to Opportunities.
To build a trusted marketplace for both our car buyers and sellers and ensure they feel that we are giving them value and to demonstrate integrity/accountability by creating a good experience for both car buyers and sellers.
Reporting into CEO, Cheki Kenya
• Sales Consultants-Mombasa region
• Daily monitoring of the quality of meetings being made by the Sales Executives and Sales Consultants
• Maintain the Minimum Acceptable Result (MAR) and conversions made per day
• Prepare and make presentations to Key clients assigned to the Account Management team.
• Provide technical advice and support to the sales team
• Head a successful sales team that is properly guided and managed to meet the company’s aspirations toward achieving sustainable revenue growth and increase market share.
• Take leadership in the formulation, review and implementation of effective sales plans for the purpose of driving the company’s sales performance
• Provide leadership on day to day operations of the sales department, while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals
• Seek out and target new clients and new sales opportunities, initiate action plans to approach and secure new business for the company
• Effectively oversee and managing every aspect of the sales process on an individual level and build a top notch sales team
• CRM usage and monitoring
• Analyze sales statistics and determine business growth potential
• Update the Management team on any changing business trends in the sector in which the company operates in terms of product offering, customer care, /sales approaches etc to enhance its competitiveness, market presence and brand loyalty.
• Provide leadership in planning for meetings and presentations at clients premises
• Manage sales targets at both departmental and individual level to achieve the Company’s growth objectives. Evaluating performance on a continuous basis will be mandatory
• Determine the departmental staffing needs in consultation with the CEO and recruit suitable persons to fill approved positions within the department
• Formulating and implementing effective programs on induction, training and continuous skills enhancement
• Attract, retain, mentor and motivate the skills and capacity required within the sales team
• Develop targets for individuals in line with the company strategy and ensure attainment of set targets
• Actively seek to develop and maintain strong business relationships with external parties and clients
• Submit to the CEO the various sales reports as may be required from time to time
• Interpret and provide periodic performance briefs to the CEO
• Finance Manager
• BI Analyst
• Product Manager
• Operations Analyst
• HR Manager
• Sales Coach
Key skills and Competencies
• Business degree in a sales & marketing field is desirable while a Masters degree in a management field would be an added advantage
• Must be a high performing Sales person with at least 6 years proven experience, able to analyze the market seeds and must be prepared to lead by example.
• Experience in leading a successful acquisition/retention team is MUST
• Experience in Cars or Ecommerce sales is aMUST.
• Solid understanding of Cheki,our products,values and mission.
• Results driven, detail oriented,and fully analytical
• Should be able to coach and mentor others to achieve their full potential
• Must exhibit leadership, within an active sales environment and show successful management of teams
• Should know how to develop and execute successful sales plans
• People management skills including target setting and performance monitoring
• Strong , planning & organizational skills as well as interpersonal and communication skills
• Must have problem analysis & problem solving skills
• Experience in use of a CRM/or Sales Management tool is a MUST.
• To be shared upon joining