Reporting: To Group CEO
Department: Sales and Marketing
Salary: Competitive, based on candidate’s background and experience.
Role and Responsibilities
This is a twin role of Sales and Branding; hence the incumbent will be expected to multi-task these functions. Among others the role will include, but not limited to:
• To develop brand and marketing strategies
• Prepare and monitor the marketing plans and budgets in line with Company’s targets.
• Using existing marketing data to identify areas of opportunity by brand, channel and consumer.
• Coordinate /Liaise with creative and promotional agencies for promoting brands/products in line with Company’s policies.
• Identify target customers, develop channel and sub-channel strategies, monitor customer marketing activities, assist / recommend future customer marketing plans.
• Should build strong awareness and analysis of market trends by monitoring, evaluating, reporting competitor’s marketing and promotional plans.
• As a Sales Professional, he / she. Should monitor sales in the market, ensuring the desired targets are met.
• Network with distributors, dealers and retailers in the region and ensure customer procurement trends, survey market conditions and competitor actions to adjust sales strategies to achieve desired goals.
• Should be willing to travel in the East African Region for the business purposes.
Qualification and Skills
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Business Administration (Marketing) or similar.
• Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in Marketing in Wines and Spirits, with significant exposure to brand building.
• Good computer proficiency with ability to fluently prepare and present reports.
• Working knowledge of Financials and familiarity with cost benefit analysis.
• Proactive, Good communication and presentation skills, outgoing and good people skills.