• Carry out cold-calling in order to create interest in products and services, generate new business leads and arrange meetings.
• Speak to customers, either face to face or over the phone
• Identify and develop new business through networking and follow-up courtesy calls with existing and new customers.
• Negotiate price for the sale.
• Help clients install software products
• Follow up on payments from clients
• Gain an understanding of customers' diverse and specific business needs and apply product knowledge to meet them
• Ensure quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and other features of company systems and processes, and then documenting them
• Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations of software to customers
• Maintain awareness and keep abreast of constantly changing POS software and advice the software development team appropriately.
• Develop effective sales plans using sales methodology
• Advise on software features and how they can be applied to assist in a variety of contexts such as accounting, inventory management or other specialist areas.
• Meet sales targets set by the company and contribute to team targets
• Network with existing customers in order to maintain links and promote additional products and upgrades.-
• Handle hardware or software problems and faults, referring on to specialist technical colleagues where appropriate
• Help customers maximize the use of software features.
• Contribute to team or progress meetings to update and inform colleagues.
• Advice customers on technical matters and recommend appropriate hardware/software configurations.
• Provide technical support after merchandise is purchased.
• Construct sales pitches and presentations.
• Advise on appropriate user training and carry out product training.
• Ensure quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and other features of employers' systems and processes.
• A University Degree or a diploma with necessary experience in software sales.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent negotiating and prospecting skills
• Experience in Software sales is an added advantage