Nairobi Region – Freight and Forwarding
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working under the direction of the Business Development Manager, the Sales & Marketing Representative will have the following main responsibilities:
• Identifies, markets, qualifies, and penetrates new business opportunities from existing and potential customers using territory management skills.
• Schedules customer appointments with key decision-makers to overcome barriers and identify growth opportunities in the local/ international global market.
• Educates customers on technology solutions to provide tracking, pricing, and reporting capabilities.
• Collaborates with Operations to establish standard operating procedures (SOP's) for meeting customer expectations.
• Plans quarterly business reviews (QBRs) with customers to review business trends and transit performance.
• Applies sales strategies gained from sales training to identify areas where solutions can be implemented.
• Identifies account decliners and gainers to develop strategies for winning back business and promoting future growth.
• Uses state of the art customer relations management software (CRM) to develop strategic plans for customer growth and development.
• Grow the company's air, ocean freight, transit, import and export and domestic business/services in an assigned territory, in accordance with corporate objectives (gross profit).
• Find & develop qualified leads (cold calling), then convert them through the sales process into prospects and customers.
• Continuously keep the sales pipeline full with deals at various types and stages, including fresh/new (qualified) leads/introductions, mid and late stage sales life cycle targets.
• Perform regular visits to qualified prospects and customers to drive the business and grow the company's revenue, market share and profitability.
• Demonstrate effective negotiation and closing techniques in securing profitable business across all products and services.
• Report sales activity on a weekly basis to management.
• Other tasks and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
Skills & Attributes:
• A minimum of 2-5 years of experience (Freight Forwarding Sales will be an added advantage).
• Excellent knowledge of logistics including Air Import/Export and Ocean Import/Export.
• Proven track record in sales, prospecting and developing accounts.
• Knowledge of Windows based programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and principals of CMS (Customer Management System) is required.
• Analytical with ability to conduct research and develop territory sales plans.
• Proven success in gaining new business through prospecting.
• Good presentation & business writing skills.
• Solid verbal communication and an aggressive drive as well as commitment to develop and grow a client base.
• Ability to interact effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels.
• Self-motivated individual with a high level of enthusiasm.
• Ability to think strategically and demonstrates strong problem-solving capabilities.
• Knowledge of supply chain management and knowledge of the transportation and logistics industry.
• Ability to use consultative selling to secure and maintain business.
• Must understand impact of revenue on the profit and loss statement.