Reporting To: Sales and Marketing Manager
Direct reports: Sales and Marketing Manager
This role is to manage the sales team and provide effective guidance. The role will be responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis as well as generate new leads and achieve Taxiye goals. The role will be the main contact point for all team members. The role should also be proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
• Assist sales and marketing manager in sales strategy development. This includes developing strategic sales plans that expand the Taxiye driver and customer base and ensure the company maintains a strong presence in the industry.
• To be and keep being informed of new products and services and a working knowledge of the ride-hailing and technology driven logistics industry
• Setting sales KPI’s to manage activity within the team
• To recruit, train, and coach the sales team
• Delegate tasks and set deadlines
• Set sales targets and motivate sales team
• Prepare sales reports
Day to day activities:
• Day to day management of the sales team ensuring they are on track for achieving KPI’s.
• Recruiting and training new sales staff, assigning specific tasks to other sales staff, and monitoring the team's sales performance.
• Solving customer complaints and answering customers' questions.
• Writing reports for Taxiye management.
• Selling of Taxiye’s products and services and assisting to maximize sales.
• Providing sales staff with constructive feedback and assisting staff to solve customers' problems.
• Maintaining merchandise inventory and sourcing of more supplies.
• Maintaining positive customer relations.
• Motivating the sales staff and creating an atmosphere of healthy competition among the staff.
• 7+ years related experience or
• Bachelors in management or related field
Core Skills & Competencies:
1. Verbal and nonverbal communication skills: Communication is crucial when working with and leading a team because of the need to communicate with both the team and supervisors. A team leader communicates in a way that is clear, effective and directive.
2. Organizational skills: Organization is important when there are multiple team members working on one project. Strong organizational skills will help you monitor progress and keep team members motivated.
3. Ability to delegate: Team leaders must delegate tasks to individual team members. This requires the team leader to trust in the abilities of the team.
4. Integrity: Team leaders should lead by example. A team leader who has integrity is not only more likely to be trusted by their team members, but also will often be respected and appreciated by the team.
5. Confident work ethic: Team members often mimic the work ethic of the team leader. Displaying confidence in the task and the team itself can help to instill confidence in team members.
Background / Experience:
• At least 8 years’ relevant experience 4 of which should be at leading sales role