The accountant will report to the Director of Operations.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Knowledge of sales and relatable fields;
• Be thorough and pay attention to detail;
• Good balance of leadership and managerial skills;
• Customer service skills;
• Able to use your initiative, patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations;
• Extensive analytical thinking skills;
• Able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device;
• Team player.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Planning and co-ordination skills
• Running the cash register and ensuring the proper check out process is followed.
• Taking overall responsibility over the use and management of the cash register during your shifts.
• Taking overall responsibility of preparing and reporting sales and any other relevant incidences that occur during your shifts to the management.
• Taking overall responsibility of daily stock take and handling over operations to the shift leader in the shift subsequent to yours.
• Maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of the work station by dusting and vacuuming, washing the windows and doors, and straightening the merchandise.
• Arranging the work station in a manner that attracts the attention of customers.
• Greeting customers and offering them assistance.
• Becoming familiar with the products and share this knowledge with customers.
• Answering questions from and providing information to customers about products.
• Informing the customers about purchasing incentives.
• Preparing sales reports on a daily basis.
• Participating in workplace safety training session.
• Any other task that may be assigned by Director of Operations.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & BEHAVIOUR TRAITS:
• Flexible and ready to work in other roles when called upon;
• Good communication, presentation, and prospecting skills;
• Able to practice confidentiality;
• Methodological approach to problem-solving;
• Physically and medically fit; and,
• Must be disciplined and capable of taking instruction.
• Understanding of the sales process and dynamics.
• Minimum A diploma/ degree in sales and marketing or any related field
• At least 5 years’ relevant experience in sales;
• Previous experience working in the following industries:
o airline and logistics packaging
o insurance (sales representatives)
o hospitality (preferably recent experience Middle East hospitality sector).
• High degree of integrity.
• Valid certificate of good conduct.
• Retainer of Ksh. 35,000 plus commission. Negotiable- based on the experience and expertise that the candidate has.