AFEX Test Prep is an educational services provider with a mission to deliver quality educational opportunities in the USA and Canada. We specialize in engaging and coaching students to success through dynamic and passionate instruction, rigorous content and expectations, and proven test-taking strategies.
Our signature test prep classes run year-round and are open to students across the country. The tests are SAT, SSAT, GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, and IELTS.
AFEX Test Prep is seeking amazing instructors with the ability to teach and engage high school students.
Candidates who are not available to teach on a full time program but are interested in joining our team as an SAT instructor are encouraged to apply, although preference will be given to applicants who are available on the full time program.
Ideal candidates will excel in engaging and motivating students through interactive lessons, enlivening “boring” material through humor and energy, and enforcing high expectations and levels of rigor. Experience teaching standardized test prep and familiarity with the college and scholarship application processes is a plus. AFEX will provide an intensive, 1.5-week training program for all new hires in test prep content and strategies.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 1 year experience teaching
• ACT or SAT scores in 90th percentile or higher on diagnostic test in your content area or on composite score (SAT: 750+ content area )
• Ability to engage, motivate, and lead students
• Experience teaching standardized test prep is a plus but not mandatory
• Ability to teach all subjects (English, Reading, Math) is a plus but not mandatory
• Experience helping youth navigate college and scholarship applications is a plus
1. Online Application: Interested candidates will email an application and resume by clicking the Apply Now Button.
2. SAT Diagnostic: Qualified candidates will be contacted by to take a SAT diagnostic test.
3. Interview & Sample Lesson: Selected candidates will be invited to interview and teach a 1-hour lesson on a subject of their choice.
4. Invitation: Final candidates will be be notified of their selection to teach for AFEX