Still I Rise, an international NGO, works towards the development and realization of humanitarian projects aiming at providing education and support to vulnerable/refugee children. The School Director will provide strategic and operational leadership towards the program’s implementation and coordination
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Executive level
- Experience Length:3 years
SCHOOL DIRECTOR, KENYA
● Department: Programs
● Area: Program Management
● Location: Nairobi, Kenya
● Supervisors: Director of Programs
● Contract: Fixed term (with the possibility of extension)
● Status: Full-Time
● Compensation: Based on experience
Contract terms & conditions and salary compensation will vary and will be defined on the basis of local employment rates and in accordance with the position grade and/or experience.
Still I Rise, an international NGO, works towards development and the realization of humanitarian projects aiming at providing education and support to refugee children and youth, is now looking for a School Director to join Still I Rise Kenya program. The School Director will provide strategic and operational leadership towards the program’s implementation and coordination at the International School, Nairobi. The job holder is expected to practice decision-making at the strategic and operational levels with a high degree of judgment based on problem-solving experience, drawing on a range of external and internal factors.
Management and Coordination:
· Working closely with the Executive Director on passing on the Organisation’s vision and mission, within the program, whilst ensuring topmost quality at all times.
· Lead, chair, and coordinate Program Support Unit (PSU): admin, HR, logistics, finance, education, safeguarding and security.
· Provide oversight to program and operational activities, team building and facilitate the creation of external partnerships.
· Work with PSU to lead monthly/quarterly planning sessions in accordance with proposed work plans, and budget forecasting. As the lead, propose strategic realignment strategies.
· Supervise and provide guidance to staff, partners and consultants ensuring adherence to planning and priorities.
· Effectively represent SIR and the International School of Nairobi at different forums/levels.
· Lead Program Support Unit (PSU) to conduct regular monitoring and reporting on financial management aspects: timely forecasting, preparation and execution of procurement plan, budget vs actual, spending analysis and establish cross-linkages with work-plan progress.
People and Culture:
· Lead on recruitment and talent management of the staff.
· Ensure robust implementation of HR strategies such as performance management and monitoring systems.
· Cultivate and maintain a collaborative and safe workplace environment (WALK the TALK).
· Work closely with programs, operations, and other technical units to ensure well-coordinated, streamlined, and professional communication.
· Adapt and promote an integrated implementation approach by coordinating and cooperating with other thematic areas (safeguarding, education).
· Provide strategic oversight towards documentation and sharing of knowledge and emerging best practices.
· Support strategic units (programs, advocacy, grants) to develop proposals to advance impending priorities.
Essential Skills & Requirements
· 5 years of working experience in the nonprofit sector, including managing teams and providing financial and operational oversight.
· Experience working in and across project management cycles. ● Experience working through community participation and/or approaches.
· Good IT skills including use of MS Office.
· Fluent knowledge of the English language (written and oral).
· Certification of SPHERE humanitarian standards will be a plus point
· Kenyan national or in possession of full residency status.
· Previous experience within the Education sector is considered an advantage.
· Facilitative leader.
· Believes in commitment, integrity, and accountability.
· Versatility and adaptability to a changing environment and be able to handle multiple priorities.
· Self-starter with the ability to provide creative solutions.
· Competent in negotiation and problem-solving.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, including a copy of their CV, Cover Letter, and written authorization to personal data processing, by sending an email, indicating in the subject “***SCHOOL DIRECTOR***”
Please kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in Still I Rise.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured