We are a leading group of schools offering both British International Curriculum and the Kenyan System of education with branches in various counties. We seek to fill the following key positions with high caliber, self- motivated; result oriented and experienced professionals to join our vibrant team. The positions have arisen due to growth in our current campuses as well as planned opening of our new British International Curriculum School.
The school librarian is responsible for managing the school library. S/he will create a collaborative environment for students; that nurtures critical thinking and creative problem solving. The school librarian will ensure that pupils and staff are effective users of the library.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and select library materials.
- Facilitate student’s access to library materials by ensuring prompt opening and closure of the library.
- Catalogue, classify and maintain library materials.
- Manage students in the library to meet their needs.
- Analyze student’s needs to determine what books are appropriate.
- Search and provide books for students.
- Ensure entry of data and regular update of entries into the library system.
- Return books to shelves.
- Repair damaged books and maintain catalogue.
- Induction of new students, providing comprehensive reference and information on library services
- Prepare budgetary information and reports.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Library or Information studies or its equivalent or any other related field from a recognized institution
- At least 3 years’ experience performing library services preferably in a school setup
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Record Management skills will be an added advantage
- Ability to manage a library and its collection
Interested applicants should log on www.kisc.sc.ke for details on qualifications, duties and responsibilities. Send application letter and CV to email@example.com not later than 20th February, 2021. Only those shortlisted shall be contacted. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
KISC is an equal opportunity employer.