Cornerstone Preparatory Academy is a private primary school located at Hillstop, at the base of Mt. Longonot along the Trans African Highway. We are currently seeking qualified professionals to fill the vacancy; School nurse. Suitable and qualified individuals should send CV and Cover letter detailing suitability for the job and salary expectation before 20th Sep 2020 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SCHOOL NURSE
1. Assess all children health status to include weight, height, Head circumference, arm circumference to determine the nutrition status every three months.
2. Responsible for emergency care for all school children and refer to a reputable hospital as necessary.
3. Provide routine medical care to all school children and ensure all school children with chronic illness get their daily medicines as prescribed.
4. Provide all the nutrition supplements (multivitamins) to all kids on daily basis.
5. Plan a schedule for de-worming all the school children every three months.
6. Ensure all the meals provided are of required nutritional value and advice as necessary.
7. Liaise with the parents/guardians of all School children who are on routine medication to ensure they are given while at home.
8. Liaise with the N.V nurse on Children who have been started on any medication while at school for follow up purposes.
9. Liaise with the catering staff to ensure all the meals provided are adequate and any special nutrition needs for any school child is taken into consideration and provided as required.
Community Health Care Program
10. Develop a home visit health care schedule for all community school children to provide health education to the parents/guardians, and conduct follow-up visits to evaluate progress.
11. Liaise together with the social workers to assess the health care and the nutrition needs and advice as necessary.
12. Discuss with the management and provide assistance where necessary on all matters relating to health of the children.
13. Ensure stocking all the medicines and medical supplies and equipment to facilitate medical treatment for all school children and basic medical care where necessary.
14. Develop a database for all school children medical care records.
15. Develop a schedule for all hospital visits for school children for proper follow-up in their clinical care as necessary.
16. Develop and update a medicine and medical supplies inventory system for accountability purposes.
17. Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum of a Diploma in Nursing
• Be Registered by the Nursing Council of Kenya
• Be in possession of a valid practicing license
• Be in possession of at least the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Mean Grade C with at least a C in Biology, English or Kiswahili and a C- in any other two (2) Science Subjects
• 3 years Experience