Strong Start’s Principal will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our playgroups and micropods, which are located through Nairobi. This position requires a strong educational background, exceptional leadership skills and a deep understanding of early childhood development and administration.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Strong Start is a fast-growing social enterprise that has early childhood development centres throughout Nairobi.
Strong Start enables children’s access to positive learning spaces while building meaningful, and professional employment opportunities for women working as caregivers. We have 3 Strong Start Centres in Nairobi and are looking for a Principal to join our growing team.
Strong Start’s Principal will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our playgroups and micropods, which are located through Nairobi.
This position requires a strong educational background, exceptional leadership skills and a deep understanding of early childhood development and administration.
The Principal of an Early Years Institute plays a crucial role in providing effective leadership and management to ensure the smooth operation and success of the institute.
We are looking for someone who is positive, high energy, upholds progressive teaching practices and whose teaching values are aligned with piquing children’s curiosity and teaching them the love for learning. School administrators who have experience in positively inspiring their teams through exceptional management skills, levels of professionalism (ability to meet deadlines, manage work schedule, always arrive on time), have a strong work ethic, with a drive to grow professionally are encouraged to apply.
1. Leadership and Management:
- Provide visionary leadership to create a positive and nurturing learning environment for children, staff, and parents.
- Develop and implement strategic plans, policies, and procedures to ensure the institute's goals and objectives are met.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, and collaboration among staff members.
- Manage and allocate resources effectively to support the institute's programs and initiatives.
2. Curriculum Development & Implementation:
- Oversee the development and implementation of a comprehensive and developmentally appropriate curriculum that aligns with national and international standards.
- Ensure that teaching methodologies and practices are evidence-based and promote active learning, creativity, and critical thinking.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the curriculum, making necessary adjustments to meet the evolving needs of students.
3. Staff Management & Professional Development:
- Recruit, select, and retain qualified and dedicated staff members who are passionate about early childhood education.
- Provide ongoing support, mentoring, and professional development opportunities to enhance the skills and knowledge of the teaching and administrative staff.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback to promote growth and excellence among staff members.
4. Parent & Community Engagement:
- Foster strong partnerships with parents, ensuring open and effective communication channels.
- Organize and facilitate regular parent meetings, workshops, and events to promote parental involvement in their child's education.
- Collaborate with community organizations, educational institutions, and relevant stakeholders to enhance the institute's programs and resources.
5. Compliance & Quality Assurance:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, laws, and licensing requirements governing early childhood education.
- Implement and maintain high-quality standards for health, safety, and child protection within the institute.
- Conduct regular assessments and evaluations to monitor the institute's performance and identify areas for improvement.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field (Master's Degree preferred).
- Proven experience in a leadership role within an Early Years institute or a similar educational setting.
- In-depth knowledge of early childhood development theories, best practices, and curriculum frameworks.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with staff, parents, and the wider community.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations and licensing requirements.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.