An upcoming luxury boutique hotel in Nairobi is seeking to recruit a Security Manager to take charge of the Security department in the hotel for purposes of safeguarding and protecting all hotel guests, employees, their belongings and hotel assets. The ideal candidate should have a security management background preferably acquired in the luxury hospitality industry.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
• Ensure the safety and security of hotel guests, staff and contractors at all times.
• Direct and coordinate the activities and performance of all in-house and contracted security personnel.
• Ensure that all security staff provide high quality services in line with luxury hotel standards paying special attention to customer service and customer satisfaction.
• Develop and monitor the implementation of luxury hotel security standard operating procedures
• Develop and monitor the implementation of a crisis management system and comprehensive emergency response procedures
• Develop and implement training programs for all security personnel based on predetermined standards and identified performance gaps
• Responsible for the management of all Health, safety & security risks faced by the hotel. This is inclusive of fire safety risks.
• Liaise with all departmental heads to ensure hotel employees are adhering to established security procedures.
• Record, notify and track the management of all risks, deviations from hotels safety standards and any untoward incidents.
• In liaison with the Human Resources and Engineering departments, coordinate the efforts of the Health and Safety Committee.
• In liaison with relevant departments, coordinate the acquisition of hotel licenses and permits
• Assign duties and schedule security personnel bearing in mind the needs of the hotel and productivity standards.
• Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting or loitering around the hotel public or guest areas and take appropriate action.
• Follow up on all unusual activities that would impair the well-being of guests and employees’ in and around the hotel premises
• In the event of theft, loss, accidents and other health and safety incidents, conduct investigations, compile comprehensive reports in a timely manner and take appropriate action where applicable.
• Develop and maintain a monthly checklist of all CCTV equipment, alarmed doors, panic/duress alarms and all other security equipment to ensure that they are fully functional.
• Monitor the availability and servicing of all fire safety equipment in liaison with the Engineering department
• Conduct regular mock fire evacuation drills based on the provisions of the hotel’s emergency response standards.
• Coordinate and liaise with third parties including contracted security personnel, police, government agencies and others in the handling of crimes, accidents and legislative matters in reference to the hotel, its employees, guests and any other stakeholders.
• Ensure adherence to all legal and statutory requirements in all hotel security operations.
• In liaison with the Human Resource department, interview, select, review and train new security officers in accordance with luxury hotel standards
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly departmental reports and send the same to the General Manager within the stipulated deadlines
• Diploma in Criminology and Security Management or other similar qualification
• Five years’ experience in a supervisory position with extensive working knowledge of Security operations in the luxury hotel industry
• Training in CCTV operations
• Familiar with Hotel Health and Safety standards and management
• Familiar with local government requirements and regulations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Honest, sincere, self-disciplined, proactive, tactful, reliable and able to work under pressure.
• Medically and physically fit, with excellent observation skills
• Hotel pre-opening experience will be an added advantage