Duties and Responsibilities :
• Assisting with annual financial and tax audit preparations.
• Custodian of accounts documents i.e. receipt books, cheque books, and other documents associated with accounting.
• Review and recommend modification to accounting systems and procedures.
• Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
• Reviewing journal entries of junior accountants to ensure accuracy.
• Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
• Making recommendations based on analysis and status of reserves, assets and expenditures.
• Produce error free accounting reports and interpret the data.
• Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
• Maintaining and reconciliation of various ledger, bank accounts, budgetary control reports and expenditure control.
• Balance the debt and the credit level of the company and ensure smooth operation.
• Follow up of reconciling items for clearance.
• Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
• Working knowledge of tax laws and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as well as IFRS
• Strong financial analysis skills.
• At least CPA II or ACCA
• Registered member of ICPAK or any other equivalent will be an added advantage
• 4+ years’ experience in accounting / auditing
• Hospital experience will be an added advantage
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• excellent problem-solving skills.
• Strong leadership qualities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Particularly with Excel. Proficiency in ERP also required.
• Ability to train and manage staff
• Ability to work with little to no supervision
• Highest level of integrity
Qualified candidates are required to send their updated CV.