• Proven experience as a Senior accountant
• Excellent organizing abilities
• Great attention to detail
• Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
• Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (TALLY)
• Should have worked in similar position for at least 5 Years
• Should have work experience as a Cost Accountant in the FMCG Industry or in the Manufacturing Industry
• Excellent Communicator
Responsibilities includes but not limited to:
• Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
• Prepare and maintain records, asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
• Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
• Update accounts receivable and advise for invoices
• Assist in the reviewing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
• Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
• Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
• Perform Daily, Weekly and Monthly Bank Reconciliations of all Bank Accounts
• Prepare documentation in readiness of Audits
• Review an organization's business processes
• Evaluate the efficacy of risk management procedures that are currently in place
• Work with Management to point out risk of fraud and theft of the organization's assets
• And any other duties as may be assigned.
Salary KES 130,000 – 160,000 Gross dependent on Experience