Employer: A LEADING CONSERVANCY WITH VERY ACTING TOURIST CAMPS/SITES
Ref No: SGK-SA-02-2021
Job Category: MANAGEMENT
• Business degree in finance, accounting, commerce or economics.
• CPA (K) or ACCA.
• Knowledge of sap or ERP accounting softwares is compulsory.
• Working knowledge of pastel- accounting module is an added advantage.
• At least 4 years working experience in a busy accounting office.
• Those who have worked in a tourist camp, conservancy and hotels will have an advantage.
Salary: KSHS. 90,000 - 150,000 PLUS COMPANY BENEFITS
Senior accountant will be responsible for the following duties: -
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Ensuring that all camp sales are fully accounted and timely reports sent by the managers are reviewed for accuracy and all issues noted are fully addressed.
• Review petty cash documentations and returns, validate and ensure reimbursement is processed on a timely basis.
• Ensuring efficient and effective use of company assets and ensuring reporting on misuse.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting reports.
• Reconciles general ledger accounts and bank reconciliations.
• Liaises with auditors on any audit & tax issues and ensure the audit is completed as per audit timetable.
• Undertake monthly intercompany reconciliations.
• Ensure p/l accounts are accurately stated by processing all accrual entries as may be necessary.
• Preparing monthly stock take schedules and following up to ensure that the stock variances are addressed and control measures adopted to reduce the variances are implemented.
• Undertake quarterly physical verification of stock for the institutions.
• Filing of tax monthly taxes and statutory. (VAT, CTL, WHT).