1. Proven experience as a Senior accountant
2. Excellent organizing abilities
3. Great attention to detail
4. Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
5. Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
6. Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP and Quick Books)
7. Sound knowledge input materials required for Steel Industry, such as Billets, Hot Rolled Coils, Wire Rods, Steel Scraps/ Galvanized Wires/ Furnace Oil / Coal and the finished products of our Group Companies
8. Should have worked in similar position for at least 5 Years
9. Excellent Communicator
Responsibilities includes but not limited to:
1. Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
2. Prepare and maintain records, asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
3. Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
4. Update accounts receivable and advise for invoices
5. Assist in the reviewing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
6. Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
7. Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
8. Perform Daily, Weekly and Monthly Bank Reconciliations of all Group Bank Accounts
9. Prepare documentation in readiness of Audits
10. Review an organization's business processes
11. Evaluate the efficacy of risk management procedures that are currently in place
12. Work with Management to point out risk of fraud and theft of the organization's assets
13. And any other duties as may be assigned.
Salary KES 130,000 – 160,000 Gross dependent on experience.