Victory Farms is the fastest growing aquaculture start-up and one of the largest tilapia producers in East Africa. We are on track to become the most efficient and sustainable fish farm in the world, with a mission to feed 2 billion Africans with locally produced, high-quality, protein-rich meals by the end of 2040.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Finance Manager
Senior Accountant maintains the General Ledger and provides quality assurance on the accuracy of: Fixed Assets Register, Imported Feed Valuation, Biomass Computation & Withholding Taxes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensures timely and accurate valuation of Imported Feeds.
• Work closely with the rest of Finance Team to manage month-end and year-end closing activities
• Timely and accurate update of the Fixed Assets Register
• Time and accurate capture of monthly depreciation journals into the core reporting system
• Work closely with the external auditors to ensure any audit queries are expeditiously resolved and audit finalized within the budgeted time and cost.
• Organize financial data into useable information and maintain updated records
• Conducts timely update of Finance Department’s Risk Register
• Timely and accurate valuation & postings of monthly Biomass figure.
• Ensures completeness and accuracy of the financial transactions
• Track the progress of financial and accounting objectives
• Establish accounting policies and procedures, aligned with company’s targets
• Ensure compliance with the law, accounting regulations, IAS/IFRS
• Foster integrity of Financial Reporting by enforcing requisite Internal Controls
• Assist in periodic stock take and inventory reconciliation
• Accurate and timely deduction and submission of various classes of Withholding Tax
• Train employees and staff in control processes and procedures
Experience / Education Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in either: Finance, Accounting or any other Business-Related Field
• Professional accounting qualification (CPA or ACCA) from a recognized accounting program
• Professional experience from a reputable company of minimum of 5 years
The incumbent must demonstrate the following competencies and attributes:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Computer Proficiency: Knowledge on use and application of an ERP or computerized accounting software
• Demonstrated knowledge of; Regulations, compliance and legal standards impacting Financial Management
• Financial and Commercial Acumen
• Attentive to Details
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Stakeholder Management
• Strong Work Ethic and high standard of Integrity
• Proficiency in Ms Excel