About the company
We are an ethical jewelry brand for socially minded customers. We are a human-first, tech-powered manufacturing platform. We are SOKO.
Built to preserve artisan techniques & support entrepreneurship, SOKO uses mobile technology to connect Kenyan artisans directly to us and the global marketplace. Unlike centralized factory production, we are using technology to empower the human workforce, not displace it. Our business model provides economic opportunity to marginalized artisans that transform lives and positively impact their surrounding communities.
• SOKO is B-Corp Certified.
• Our technology organizes 2,300+ independent, distributed artisans in 282 workshops throughout Kenya.
• Artisans working with SOKO earn 5X’s more than at an average artisan workshop.
• There are approximately 11,400 beneficiaries of revenue generated from sales.
• We improve artisan business and safety practices skill development and quality through training.
The position: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Financial Controller
Direct Reports: All SASA Africa Accountant, Office Administrator
The Senior Accountant function is in charge of managing and collaboration with the Accountants to ensure that financials are completed in an accurate and timely manner as well as ensuring compliance with Company controls and procedures whilst safeguarding the Company’s assets.
• Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department
• Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
• Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Finance Controller’s attention
• Review all inter-company transactions and generate invoices as necessary
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts and oversee balance sheet accounts reconciled by SASA Accountants
• Support the coordination of annual audits and assist Finance Controller with conducting audits
• Work with SASA Tax consultants to ensure compliance with the Tax Authority
• Support the Financial Controller in managing treasury functions
• Support the Financial Controller in working capital and grant management
• Provide input into the department’s goal-setting process
• Support the Finance Controller with the development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Ensure compliance with GAAP and IFRS principles
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
CPA K is a Must
Bachelor of Commerce
Thorough knowledge of group accounting Conversant with Netsuite accounting system Good Excel knowledge