- Preparations of timely and accurate monthly/quarterly management reports
- General office administration
- Handling statutory deductions and tax payments while observing the stipulated deadline dates of submission, this includes the following axes, Income tax, VAT, PAYE, Withholding tax, NHIF, NSSF NITA levies etc.
- Coordinate both external and internal audits and ensure effective implementation of audit recommendations, making of final accounts.
- Responsible to check and reconcile respective bank statements on a monthly and weekly basis.
- Ensuring financial transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting systems
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Reviews accounts payables and weekly check runs and reconciles
- Responsible for verification of income auditing, receivables & debtors reconciliation
- Analyses transactional processes and identify areas where additional accuracies and efficiencies can be achieved.
- Coordinate monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Provide feedback on company policies and procedures, and constantly look out for potential changes which could improve operational efficiency, reduce costs or improve cash flow management.
- Implement a strict internal control framework, with adequate checks and balances, to mitigate against the risk of fraud or error.
- Provide monthly cash flow forecasts for CFO to review and sign off on.
- Prepare weekly lists of payment runs for approval by the CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance Option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance Option), Economics, or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
- Qualified Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA, or equivalent) are a mandatory requirement
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge (IFRS)
- Strong consolidation knowledge and experience
- Statutory understanding (companies act and Tax)
- Financial analysis experience
- Strong background in Procurement process