• Proven experience as a Senior accountant.
• Excellent organizing abilities.
• Great attention to detail.
• Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen.
• Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP and Quick Books).
• Sound knowledge input materials required for Steel Industry, such as Billets, Hot Rolled Coils, Wire Rods, Steel Scraps/ Galvanized Wires/ Furnace Oil / Coal and the finished products of our Group Companies.
• Should have worked in similar position for at least 5 Years.
• Excellent Communicator.
Responsibilities includes but not limited to:
• Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
• Prepare and maintain records, asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
• Update accounts receivable and advise for invoices.
• Assist in the reviewing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
• Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned.
• Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
• Perform Daily, Weekly and Monthly Bank Reconciliations of all Group Bank Accounts.
• Prepare documentation in readiness of Audits.
• Review an organization's business processes.
• Evaluate the efficacy of risk management procedures that are currently in place.
• Work with Management to point out risk of fraud and theft of the organization's assets.
• And any other duties as may be assigned.
KENYA CITIZENS ONLY