Our client combines combine modern accounting expertise with a passion for high-tech financial solutions to help businesses define, structure, and improve their everyday and long-term financial operations. Our clients are from various industries - particularly real estate, property management, medical and dentistry, technology, and retail. Their work ranges from basic bookkeeping to controller to CFO consulting.
Our practice is growing fast, and we are seeking a qualified Accountant to join our team.
You will be working in teams. Certain work requires more than one person to ensure success.
• You are a team player.
• You share knowledge and provide perspective.
• You are transparent and communicative.
• You genuinely care and are curious about our client.
• You are compassionate and patient.
• You express a sense of urgency and set priority accordingly.
• You enjoy talking and checking in with our clients.
• You are adaptive and changing.
• You are a problem solver.
• You take the lead to identify things that can improve.
• You are not afraid you voice ideas and solutions.
You are tech-forward. We are a company that use technology, implement technology, and explore new technologies.
• You pick up new tools and technology easily.
• You navigate the internet with ease.
• You are a ninja at navigating various software and tools.
• You are on top of Slack, emails, and agile platforms.
Our Driving Principals
We have three goals – to deliver the highest quality work for our clients, to have pride and personal satisfaction in what we do, and to be people driven by real passion.
We are big on growth and encourage continue education and professional development to all team members. We strive to create a work life balance, offer a flexible schedule, and promote personal responsibility.
At our office, we are not big on hierarchy, we believe in the sharing of knowledge, constructive feedback and like to have fun. While we’re serious about finances, we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
The Senior Associate possess financial and business acumen. You have experience working in a startup or a firm. You will oversight the completeness and delivery of all client work and assist in client relations and communication. This is a client facing position with an emphasis on consultation work. You have an appetite for growth and eager to test your potential.
For this role, you are expected to be comfortable providing consultation to our client. You will collaborate with the client to solve problems and identify roadmaps. As a professional partner, you will take part in various conversations with the client, you are expected to comfortably provide financial insight and your perspective regarding accounting and operational strategies.
• Prepare meeting agendas.
• Discuss financial models.
• Discuss roadmap and findings.
• Discuss process and operations.
• Describe financial assumptions and perspective.
As the Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for the completion and compliance of the general ledger for clients. This include management and support for month-end close and financial reporting for a variety of clients. You should be familiar with some finance concept of a business, including but not limited to financial modeling, financial forecasting, key metrics, and analytics.
• Manage and oversight GL reconciliations.
• Develop and maintain schedules and workpapers for balance sheet accounts i.e. inventory, WIP, defer revenue, liabilities, and notes.
• Accounting design i.e. chart of accounts.
• Financial analytics and metrics.
• Financial models i.e. projections, budgets, cash flow, dashboards.
• Financial directions and guidance – GAAP.
• Lead project deliverables and timeline.
• Lead meetings and communication to clients.
• Technical training and guidance to team as needed.
For this role, you will manage client relations and confidence, and especially for “high-touch, high maintenance clients”. High maintenance clients are growing companies that are characterized by their ever-evolving environment. These clients require accurate high-level financials and intensive day-to-day support. In addition, you will oversee and lead client communication and meetings. This involves managing client’s projects, timeline, and work allocation.
• Client on-boarding experience.
• Reconstruction and clean-up project timeline and deliverables.
• New project accounting processes.
• Client communication and relations.
• Client meetings and project clarifications.
• Work and bandwidth allocation.
• Perform bookkeeping and general data entry
• Manage requests and correspondences
• Manage account payable clients
• Manage account receivable for clients
• Process payroll and payroll taxes
• Setup and design bookkeeping processes
• Reconcile bank, credit cards, notes
• Reconcile prepaid expense, accrued expense
• Reconcile assets and liabilities
• Prepare financial reports and statements
• Research state tax compliance
• Research, install and diagnose the technology systems used by our clients
• Financial forensic
• Create and design dashboards, key metrics, and financial models
• Research tax compliance
• Diagnose accounting and data errors
• Detail oriented
• Mathematically inclined
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field
• Previous experience as an accountant, accounting supervisor, or manager
• Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation a plus
• Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
• Excel (pivot table, index, v lookups, relationship between two tables in Excel)
• Pays strict attention to detail
Apply only if you meet the above qualifications