Senior Advertising Research Manager
Marketing & Communications
7+ years of experience in market research or consumer insights, with a primary focus on advertising research.
- Minimum Qualification:Unspecified
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
In this role, you will join the User Insights team as a specialist in leading advertising research. You’ll be a key contributor in developing impactful advertising campaigns that resonate with our target audience and accelerate DuckDuckGo’s growth.
You’ll shape and execute comprehensive creative testing strategies that leverage market research and audience insights to help us optimize for KPIs across a diverse portfolio of advertising channels, including TV, online video, radio, billboard, and more. Partnering closely with internal and external producers, creatives, and vendors, you’ll deliver critical insights that guide our in-house creative team’s production process.
What You Will Bring to DuckDuckGo
- 7+ years of experience in market research or consumer insights, with a primary focus on advertising research.
- Proven success leading pre-market ad testing for large-scale campaigns, from concept testing to production and campaign launch.
- Expertise with advertising and creative testing of video content for TV and major digital video platforms, e.g., YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok.
- Confidence in developing right-sized, efficient, and effective qualitative and quantitative research methods, including surveys, experimental research, and focus groups.
- Experience with market research tools and vendors like Forsta, Ipsos Creative|Spark, Suzy, Kantar, or similar.
How We Will Support You
Our core values — build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction — underpin how we work day-to-day and the support we give our team members. We strive to empower our team members to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work.
- Remote First, Always: We’ve always been a fully distributed company with team members all over the world. We trust you to get your work done wherever, whenever.
- Commitment to Personal Growth: Every team member has an annual budget of $1,250 USD to invest in their professional development. Every team member also has a dedicated Career Advisor, who serves as a guide to help you develop your strengths, identify your motivations, and understand your opportunities for growth.
- Leadership: We have many different types of leaders and possible combinations of leadership roles, so you can grow your career in a way that aligns best with your personal goals. You can seek additional leadership roles by being directly responsible for projects, taking ownership of areas of the company, developing and maintaining internal processes, or pursuing advisory roles.
- Work/Life Balance: Team members have the freedom and flexibility to organize their own work schedules. We want you to thrive both in and out of the office. We trust you to use good judgment and take the time off that you need to bring your best self to work.
We also offer paid parental leave, a co-working stipend, office setup reimbursement, and a wellness stipend. More support resources can be found in our, Team Member Support Guide, whichexplains how we make your well-being a priority.
For more information on how we collaborate worldwide, from leadership in our relatively flat organization to start-to-finish ownership, check out DuckDuckGo Culture: How We Work.
Annual compensation: $170,000 USD and stock options.
Hiring works best when it’s a two-way street. Learn how we help you get to know DuckDuckGo and envision your future role here. Find out more about how we hire.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
DuckDuckGo provides equal work opportunities to all team members and applicants, and it prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We want to ensure that our hiring process is accessible. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to: to let us know the nature of your request.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you.
Please note that:
- Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two times a year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat (each around 4-5 days). Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, attendance is optional and you can choose not to meet up in person if that’s your preference.
- While we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours, expect an average full-time commitment of 40 hours per week.
- A successful candidate will be subject to a background check and must receive satisfactory results of the same, as a condition of joining the team.
- By applying for this role, you confirm that all information submitted is accurate and complete. You further acknowledge that providing false or fraudulent information during the application process is cause for denial of an offer, revocation of any existing offer, or other adverse action, up to and including termination after the start of your commencement of work
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured