REPUBLIC OF KENYA MIGORI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
OFFICE OF THE COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
19. Senior Assistant Commissioner for Cooperative Development JG CPSB 06 ONE (1) POST REF/MCPSB/270/2020
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to County Assistant Director for Cooperative s, the officer will be responsible for:
i. Promoting the growth and development of the cooperative movement in the respective sub-county
ii. Enforcing compliance with cooperative legislations.
iii. Provision of cooperative extension services in respective sub-county
iv. Provision of technical advice to the department on cooperative matters.
v. Evaluating sub-county cooperative activities and trends for promoting cooperative movement.
vi. Analyzing cooperative activities and trends data for county cooperative policy formulation.
vii. Advising relevant sub county stakeholders of cooperative movement on productive cooperative investments.
viii. Any other duty or responsibility consistent with the office and as may be assigned by the County Assistant Director for Cooperatives
Requirements for Appointment
i. Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Agriculture, Statistics, Agricultural Economics, Cooperative Management, Agribusiness, Entrepreneurship or Marketing from a recognized university in Kenya.
ii. A diploma in any of the following disciplines: Cooperative Management, Cooperative Auditing, Finance or Marketing from a recognized institution.
iii. CPS (K) Part III OR CPA (K) Part III from a recognized institution.
iv. Administrative ability and professional competence in work performance.
HOW TO APPLY
1. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
2. Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
3. All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Thursday 21st January, 2021 at 5:00pm.
4. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and
professional certificates and testimonials.
5. For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010,
applicants must obtain the following clearance:
• Tax compliance certificate from KRA
• Clearance certificate from HELB
• Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
• Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
• Women, People Living with Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply,
• Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Migori County Public Service Board is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.