Brief Summary of the Job:
Our Client an Asian Based Multinational Alcohol Company Located in Nairobi Industrial Area and penetrating the Kenyan and East African Market through a Subsidiary is looking for an experienced Brand Manager with strong Marketing skills to grow Existing and New Launched Alcohol and Non-Alcoholic Products in the Kenyan market targeting both Value and Premium Markets Country-Wide.
Summary Of Role:
1. Protect, grow and building the brands by introducing new and existing brands, managing demand for the brands to achieve budgeted volume, market share and profit objectives.
2. To develop and effectively implement marketing and brand activities for the Brands.
• Develop, implement & monitor annual strategic brand plan including proper management of allocated budget
• Managing Marketing Team of the Brand to get desired results
• Guide the Digital Team on Digital Marketing Management of the Brands
• Developing New Markets for the New and Existing Products
• Monitoring brand availability and sales and being proactive on factors affecting the brand sales and market share performance.
• Identify and recommend market research programmes aimed at enhancing brand positioning.
• Analyzing market research data corrective action for enhancement of brand strategies.
• Effective management of brand advertising and sales promotion to generate brand growth.
• Recommending, planning & co-coordinating brand PR activities likely to enhance the brand sales and image in the short or long term.
• Monitor competitor activities affecting the brand and take appropriate action
• Monitor, evaluate and recommend brand-packaging update including pack and range extensions
• Regular and continuous monitoring of brand costs and profitability and recommend areas for improvement.
• Prepare monthly brand expenditure and variance report to control budgeted expenditure.
• Plan and implement brand media strategy.
• Market intelligence through regular trade visits and utilizing this to enhance brand activities.
• Design, procurement and economic distribution of brand promotional materials to plan.
• Interaction with Regional Brand (where applicable) liaisons to give updates on implementation of Brand strategic plans.
• Among other Assigned Duties
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/ Business Management or Related field
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Sales and Marketing and Brand Management
• Understanding of different spirits markets in Alcoholic Segment is vital and critical
• Experience in Alcohol Industry or FMCG and Introducing Value and Premium Products Essential
• Demonstrated experience developing a brand and sustainable acquisition of a customer database; having an established network
• Experience in new markets opening and distributors appointment would be critical
• Experience in working in a fast growth, decentralized environment with minimal supervision
• Have Valid Driving License
• Relevant industry experience and in-depth knowledge of the market will be an added advantage.
• Proven Industry success of products
• Experience in disruptive marketing with demonstrable ability to employ predatory thinking.
• Highly analytical skills with ability to use creative problem-solving skills. Working knowledge of data analytics will be an added advantage.
• Ability to work under Pressure to deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations.
• Ability to Move countrywide and manage a team of over 20 Individuals
Benefits and Remuneration:
• Salary Budget: Ksh. 300,000 – Ksh. 450,000 (Management Flexible to discussion above the stated amount)
• Vehicle Provision and Mileage Allowances
• Phone and Responsibility Allowances
• Family Medical Cover Provision after Probation
• Review of Benefits after Probation and Meeting KPIs
• Stock Options After 1 Year Employment
• Annual Budget for different SKUs
• Field Marketing Team