Reporting to Managing Director, Africa
This role is responsible for the identification, development and management of a portfolio of large corporates, quasi-sovereign & sovereign bodies looking for procurement across various sectors of capital & semi capital goods and financing, and banks, according to the value proposition and products offering set out by the company and reflecting its marketing strategy as well as policies. The role is also responsible for overseeing all risks associated with these trades in East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda) including country risk, credit risk, market risk, operational risk and the company reputational risk.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understand clients’ procurement and financing needs in east Africa and develop plans to address them, using our client’s procurement and financing capabilities. Focus on large corporates, quasi-sovereign, sovereign and banks.
• Identify opportunities for new business and greater profits. Market our client’s products’ offering and value proposition to new and existing counterparties. Gain solid knowledge of competitors in the region.
• Manage existing relationships with counterparties – both banks and corporates (as appropriate). Identify key staff in client companies to cultivate profitable relationships.
• Negotiate and agree commercial terms with counterparties.
• Promote high quality trade financing and customer service processes.
• Do all necessary coordination within companies, banks and their required departments.
• Work together with other members of the group in identifying new opportunities and developing new products.
CORE FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
Strong sales skills and relationship management experience with large Corporates, quasi-sovereign, sovereign and Banks: strong knowledge of customer relationship management.
• Knowledge and understanding of trade finance instruments.
• Strong knowledge of trade finance common structures.
• Have a good understanding of Letters of credit, Guarantees, Promissory notes, Bills of Exchange and trade related receivables.
• Good understanding of credit limits in banks and financial institutions.
• Business Acumen
• Knowledge of Cross Border Trading and Transaction Process.
• At least Bachelor or Master’s degree or equivalent from a reputable university.
• 5 years + of banking experience in Trade/Corporate Banking with large corporate and government bodies.
• 8 years + of sales and relationship management experience with large corporates and banks
• Engage Customers and have a customer-oriented mindset
• Team management and work as “One Team”
• Drive for Results
• Serve with Respect & Compassion
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Be honest, reliable and trustworthy with clients and colleagues