Key responsibilities of the role are:
• Understand existing and new data sources.
• Improve the design of existing and future databases and optimise the way data is collected, stored and displayed
• Develop KPIs within the business for the purpose of identifying trends and evaluating the success of the business’s initiatives.
• Review and manage data management projects and their KPIs for success.
• Mining the business’s database in search of critical business insights and communicates findings to the relevant departments and the business at large.
• Identify and communicate risks and issues in projects/programs initiated by the assigned departments and communicates this information to the relevant leadership.
• Use data to guide assigned business departments through all programs and initiatives, enabling continuous improvement in data quality, departmental performance, and overall business performance.
• Supervise an existing team of junior analysts in their own domain; this includes continually evaluating them and conducting their performance reviews.
• Work within and across the business in order to understand the business’s functional and data requirements.
• Liaise with senior data department management in ensuring constant compliance with standards and to effect change where merited.
• The Senior Data Analyst additionally develops models and ad hoc reports, sharing observations and recommendations with senior data management, executives, and stakeholders for further consideration.
Who we are looking for:
• You are a naturally curious person, problem solver, quick learner and someone who enjoys “breaking the mould”;
• You have a minimum of five (5) years' work experience as a data analyst in a business environment or prestigious academic environment; with at least two (2) years of team management experience.
• You are certainly a “numbers person” i.e. possess in-depth analytical skills and enjoy exploring data to draw insights AND you enjoy mentoring and growing staff.
• You hold an advanced university degree/post-graduate qualification in maths, statistics, physics, computer science, big data, economics, engineering or equivalent;
• You have experience in advanced data analysis tools (you’ve definitely outgrown Excel, in which you are more than fully proficient, and use SQL frequently);
• BABOK certification
• Experience using SAP