REPUBLIC OF KENYA MIGORI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
OFFICE OF THE COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
24. Senior Economist II- JG CPSB 07 (1) POST REF/MCPSB/275/2020
Duties and Responsibilities
i. Heading a Planning Division;
ii. Carrying out more specialized and complex economic planning/statistical analyses;
iii. Supervising and Co-ordinating the activities of staff under him/her
iv. Heading a planning and monitoring unit.
v. Supervision of office operations;
vi. Perform and any other duty(s) assigned from time to time
Requirements for Appointment
i. Be a Kenyan citizen
ii. A minimum of an upper Second-Class Honors degree in Economics, or Economics and Mathematics, or Economics and Statistics from a recognized University/Institution
iii. A minimum of an Upper Second-Class Honors degree in any of the subjects enumerated at ii above with a bias towards Computer Science, Operations Research, Survey Technics and Demographic Techniques from a recognized University/Institution or
iv. A minimum of an Upper Second-Class Honors degree in statistics with appropriate specialization from a recognized University/Institution.
HOW TO APPLY
1. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
2. Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
3. All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Thursday 21st January, 2021 at 5:00pm.
4. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and
professional certificates and testimonials.
5. For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010,
applicants must obtain the following clearance:
• Tax compliance certificate from KRA
• Clearance certificate from HELB
• Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
• Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
• Women, People Living with Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply,
• Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Migori County Public Service Board is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.