DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installing electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment among other systems
- Low voltage networks (LV)
- Medium voltage networks (MV)
- Generators installation, operation, maintenance and repairs
- Solar power system, installation, operation, maintenance and repairs
- Power quality analysis
- Proficient in working with induction machinery
- Installing safety and distribution components
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning lighting and other electrical systems
- Install electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment.
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
- Excellent physical condition and flexibility to work on shifts if required to
- Provide professional assessments and advice the management on electrical matters
- Conforming to company safety regulations.
- Completing job reports.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
§ 10 years’ work experience as an electrician
§ Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
§ Diploma in Electrical Engineering
§ Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
§ Degree in Electrical Engineering will be an added advantage
§ Excellent in SCADA system( Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition)
Valid license to practice profession