VOL4GEN – “EU Aid Volunteers supporting gender mainstreamingin humanitarian action” is a 36-month project conceived under thegeneral objective of enhancing gender mainstreaming inhumanitarian contexts. To this aim, the project will deploy 56volunteers to 17 Hosting Organisations in 14 countries andimplement technical assistance and capacity building activitiesthat will strengthen the capacity of Hosting Organisations and localcommunities to reduce the risk of disaster and reducevulnerabilities, focused on putting the needs of women and girls atthe forefront. This will be complemented with the action of on-linevolunteers.This project is led by Alianza por la Solidaridad-Actionaid, in the framework of a consortium that brings together 21 organisations.Alianza por la Solidaridad, We World GVC, and Actionaid Hellas actas Sending Organisations; the Hosting Organisations will welcome
volunteers in 14 countries of Latin America & Caribbean (Colombia,Peru, Bolivia, Brazil, Guatemala, Cuba, Haiti), Africa (Kenya,Mauritania, Morocco), Middle East (Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon) and Asia.
Mobilization and awareness raising
This position will provide support to the Makima LRP coordinator in strengthening the knowledge and capacity of ActionAid local partners, particularly the women networks, farmer groups and agro-pastoralists to implement quality resilience programmes, through the promotion of livelihoods models that are resilient to climate crises and protect livelihoods assets.
The tasks include:
• Support the LRP Coordinator in order to mobilize community members led by women and create awareness on the impact of natural hazards on their livelihoods.
• Facilitate the local partners aiming to identify and prioritize
potential livelihoods strategies that are gender and climate sensitive.
• Support, in collaboration with the LRP Coordinator, through continuous followups with the local partners’ implementation of livelihoods activities related to which are resilient to climate change.
• Support the local partners towards the integration of livelihoods action plans into the development plan of the counties of focus.
• Support in the identification of capacity building needs required
for building community livelihoods in order to build resilience.
• Support in the dissemination of early warning information.
• Support the LRP Coordinator in the development of knowledge products and training materials, which can be used to train stakeholders/beneficiaries, project teams and government partners on livelihoods.
• Support in the documentation of the best practices and the successful stories of change.
Knowledge sharing and learning
• Participate in and contribute to relevant in-country and cross-country learning
and knowledge sharing events and processes within the ActionAid Federation, such as the Youth Community of Interest.
Communication and Awareness on EU Aid Volunteers Initiative
Promote local volunteerism in disaster risk reduction, prevention and response.
• Promote partnerships and collaboration between local and European organizations;
• Draft and publish articles describing volunteer's experience in the field in cooperation with the communications team in AA Kenya and AA Hellas.
• Gather audio-visual materials to be used in a public awareness activity in the volunteer's local community in Europe, in consultation with AA Kenya.
• In coordination with the NGOs partner of the project, organize and execute a public awareness activity once back in Europe.