Reports to: Branch Leader
Job location: Kisumu, Nakuru, Eldoret- Kenya
Job Opening : 17th November 2020
Application Deadline : Open
Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise providing asset and SME finance, leasing, insurance, and financial literacy to new customers and consumer finance to qualified existing customers.
It was formally established in 2012 in Uganda and is a technology-enabled asset financier of income-generating assets for proven entrepreneurs, using a lease-to-own product to offer an affordable path to ownership of these assets. Tugende empowers customers
unable to access formal credit, and has financed over 30,000 customers.
About this Role:
This position will play an integral role in the operations of Tugende. The Senior Field Intelligence Officer will serve as the main point of contact between Tugende and clients who have any motorcycle security issues. The goal is to help Tugende in maintaining
excellent working conditions by keeping our assets and our customers safe and problem-free.
The position involves creating a secure work environment for our staff and customers. As a Senior Field Intelligence Officer , you will be responsible for minimizing theft, vandalism and any other suspicious or criminal behaviour, working closely with relevant
law enforcement authorities. You will also be a key point of contact for customers who have security challenges, respect customer dignity and professionalism are key attributes for this job.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
● Ensure all client security issues are dealt with integrity and in a timely manner.
● Support the field team in co-ordinating collection and recovery operations
● Ensure all field operations conducted by the Field Officers are managed effectively, with safety & care
● Coordinate all security-related measures for Tugende, including making reports and follow-ups with police and other relevant authorities
● Maintain proper record keeping and timely reporting on any security and safety threats to the company
● Ensure safe custody of all company property/assets at all times
● Advise the company on all security-related matters both internally and externally as well as participate in taking corrective/preventive actions on such matters
● Supervise the day and night time security guards
a) Preferred Skills, knowledge & abilities
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Ability to quickly analyze information and make informed decisions
● Good risk assessment skills
● Ability to build strong professional networks
● Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
● Strong emotional intelligence
● Motorcycle riding proficiency with the willingness to quickly develop into expert status
● Proficiency in multiple local languages will be an added advantage
● Computer literate with the ability to use MS Office and Google Suite
● Good communication and interpersonal skills
b) Preferred Qualification:
● A diploma preferable in any business-related field from a reputable institution of learning
● Relevant training in security from a recognised institution is an added advantage
c) Preferred experience:
● 2 years’ work experience as a Security Officer in a reputable organisation.
● Good customer experience and ability to deal with difficult clients
d) Key competencies
● Hold values similar to our own: Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Solutions Oriented and Always growing.
● Confidentiality: Able to handle sensitive information professionally and confidentially
● Positive Attitude : maintain a mindset of “getting things done” and finding satisfaction in developing sustainable long-term solutions at all times
● Flexible and resilient: Willingness to travel, flexible in schedule and work hours, seek direct feedback and see every challenge as an opportunity to grow.
What will you gain?
Career Trajectory: This is a role with significant potential to grow as the company and Operations function grow in Kenya. Someone who does this job can be promoted to;
Security Co-ordinator or Team Leader with a possibility of crossing to other functions within the operations department, for positions such as Credit / Collections,, Coordinator, Deputy Branch Leader, Junior Branch Leader, Branch Leader and Senior Branch Leader
Hours and compensation: This position is for an ambitious, full-time employee who will take on additional responsibilities and projects as they arise. Tugende offers competitive salaries and benefits that reflect a person’s contributions to the company’s mission and
Meaningful Work: Tugende’s work gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to earn a better living for themselves and their families. We are changing Africa’s asset-finance industry by building a sustainable business that ignites financial development. Join us!
Great Team: Tugende has a smart, fun, and growing team of ~450 employees. We take our work seriously, but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary team outings, as well as events for our customers. Our headquarters are in Kampala,Uganda and we are rapidly expanding in East Africa.
More About Tugende
Tugende means “let’s go” in Luganda and what you see on the back of a motorcycle taxi.
Tugende has been recognized as a 2012 Unreasonable Fellow , 2014 Echoing Green Global Fellow , 2016 GSBI Fellow , a nd received the MIT Zambezi prize in 2015 as one of the top 3 financial inclusion startups in Africa. We have appeared in The Guardian , BBC , Economist .
As part of our regional expansion in East African, Kenya is now operational! Beyond geographic growth, Tugende's future will include multiple asset finance products and tools to help Tugende to reach millions of customers without losing high touch personal support.