Overview of the company
Zanifu is a financial technology startup founded in 2016. Our mission is to use technology to bring opportunity & efficiency to retailers in the emerging markets. We do this by building products that provide Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME’s) with working capital to purchase goods from formal supply chains. All financial products are designed with the retailers in mind. The size, price & duration of the credit are custom built around the volumes, margins & frequency of the retailers.
We are currently recruiting for the Senior Finance Manager, with a strong finance background in the FinTech, Banking or Investment Banking industry. This individual will oversee all our strategic analysis and operational decision-making as we look to upscale our markets. At the core of this role would be supporting our core senior management with all investor relationships as well as conducting financial planning and forecasting in the market.
● Lead our local and global capital markets and fundraising efforts while looking into maintaining all our investors relationships as we partner with like-minded investors.
● Perform detailed financial analysis to model out new investments, business cases and strategic initiatives, identifying the potential risks & opportunities across different scenarios.
● Lead the annual and ad hoc financial planning and business forecasting efforts.
● Source for opportunities for business growth as well as anticipating any issues while recommending any corrective measures as needed.
● Developed economic profit models used to evaluate and prioritize business initiatives, leading to increased focus and alignment with strategic plans.
● Supervise the team in the preparation, updating and submitting of financial reports and monitor all financial aspects conducted by the team.
● Maintains an understanding of the business’s financial policies and procedures across the business, ensuring that they are aligned with generally accepted accounting principles and Kenyan law.
● Support the team as they look into further developing their market understanding of financial performance and impact within the industry.
● Oversee the company risk assessment team as they conduct their analysis and enhance internal controls.
● Analytical skills: As a Senior Finance Manager, one would need to be highly analytical as executives require this as they make decisions that affect the company. This skill should be easily transferable to junior staff members through regular reviews and empowerment through the quality of work expected. A good command of Microsoft Excel would be tested as this program is used for daily analysis and financial modelling.
● Communication: Excellent communication skills are essential because one must explain and justify complex financial transactions not only to internal parties but also external parties. The analysis that they have prepared needs to be reported in a clear and concise manner so that no misrepresentation of ideas is declared.
● Detailed oriented: In preparing and analyzing reports such as balance sheets and income statements, one must be precise and attentive to their work in order to avoid errors. As we look to provide a fair representation of our work, this skill will ensure that work delivered by junior staff members is reviewed effectively and any changes to the policies and processes are highlighted.
● Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other quantitative degree.
● Gained experience at a fintech, high growth start-up, or financial services industry over the last 5 years.
● Experience dealing with different institutional investor’s and understands what is required while raising funding for companies.
● Strong communication skills with the ability to influence in an unstructured, cross-functional environment.
● Deeply analytical problem-solver with ability to analyze fast paced data presented in the industry.
● Experience with accounting software and systems would be strongly preferred.