Only applications received via BrighterMonday will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements set out below.
As we are a company spread over four countries, you would be able to
work either from our co-working office in Nairobi, or in our R&D
center in Nagold, Germany. After the onboarding in Nagold, Germany you
can work from any remote location.
This position requires at least 7+ years of relevant experience (Backend / Architecture focus and react frontend experience) and has a set required for a three months onboarding period in Germany at our R&D headquarters in Nagold, Germany.
You will join our tech team on the following tasks:
- Work on Smartmile's Cloud Architecture on Google Cloud
- DevOps responsibilities (build processes monitoring and planning as well as QA)
- Development process planning
- Development of the Smartmile Backend API (node.js)
- Smartmile Frontends development incl. Hardware communication (react)
- Integration and development of hardware interfaces of new automated parcel hardware
- Monitor network performance (including such metrics as availability, utilization, throughput and latency) and test for weaknesses
Personally, you should bring along:
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience
- Availability for a 3 months onboarding program in our R&D headquarter in Germany
- Desire to directly implement ideas
- Very good spoken and written English as our company language is English
- Strong learning orientation
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Willingness to travel to our locations and partners worldwide
- Commitment to our company core values
Technical skills required:
- Extensive experience with Google Cloud
- Proven track record in software architecture responsibilities
- Well experienced in DevOps workflows and responsibilities
- Expert knowledge about database design and maintenance (MySQL)
- Extensive knowledge of code versioning tools (Git) and Scrum (experience with Jira)
- Significant experience with CLI administration of Linux based operating systems
What we offer you:
- Be part of the mission to build the new sustainable worldwide infrastructure for deliveries
- Play a key role in an international growing team with strong involvement in fundamental projects from the start
- Take ownership of your work, develop your skills and take your career to the next level
- Work at one of the most dynamic innovation centers in Kenya in iHub
- Competitive compensation
- Private and premium health insurance
- The position is a full-time position
You have until the 5th of March 2021 to prepare and send your application.
The recruitment process is ongoing with interviews already taking place during the application period, we know a unicorn when we see one, and can’t wait to meet you! We would like you to start immediately, if this should not be possible we are happy to learn by when you would be able to join our team the soonest.