Role & Responsibilities
Support the Enterprise Architect in analysing, exploring and investigating the organisational processes and systems, by designing, transforming and managing Medair’s application landscape, in order to improve, implement and maintain systems and to address changes within Medair through technology. The Senior Functional Analyst role will support in solving technical issues, user administration (including role concepts) and systems configuration. He will also provide technical administration for the implemention of a new ERP based on Microsoft Dynamics 365 technology.
Medair’s Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
Global ITS provides Medair with centralised governance, strategy, direction, innovation and support in the use of the information technologies that amplify the people-to-people strategy. Global ITS provides a centralised approach to ensure cost efficiency and integration, including country programmes in the strategic design of systems, and delivers services locally where practical to ensure that the day-to-day needs of our GSO and country programme colleagues are met. The Support Systems Integration team delivers on the strategic direction for our Support Function Systems primarily located at the GSO – including Human Resources, Finance, Logistics, Engagement and Communications teams.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global ITS Team. Position located in Nairobi, Kenya. A valid work permit is required.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time. Minimum of 12 months contract.
Key Activity Areas
- Proactively analyse, document and process improvement opportunities including with regard to governance a range of functional area such as Finance, HR and SCM as well as Donor and Beneficiary oriented processes.
- Proactively engage with department leaders and users to understand how data-driven changes to process, products, services, software and hardware can improve efficiencies and add value.
- Identify and prioritise technical and functional requirements, obtaining feedback and gaining approval to implement changes. Maximise the strategic use of applications/systems used by Medair.
- Manage the product backlog and present sprint proposals and reviews to different stakeholders.
- Documents business requirements and creates detailed functional/technical system specifications.
- Be part of internal and cross-cutting projects to ensure the alignment of business processes and solutions, and manage the integration of systems.
- Translate business requirements into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Perform administration / configuration / data migration / integration duties on select systems in accordance with project objectives. Create and design technical specification documentation.
- Drive resolution of issues that come up during the deployment phase of projects.
- Implement, coordinating tests and observing initiation of the system to validate performance.
Data Quality Management
- Ensure accuracy of input data, output data and data migration. Evaluate issue patterns and operational functions to plan and recommend process improvement and possible system upgrades.
User Support and Training
- Stay up to date: use existing trainings, (community) resources, and develop skills and knowledge about the latest features. Train users accordingly. Provide second level support to users.
- Work with contracted service providers and other technical groups to resolve system issues.
- Awareness of current developments in the area of technology, methodologies (Agile/Scrum, etc) and the ability to identify gaps in the process and propose improvements within the systems workflow or business processes.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Engineering or similar. Any additional specialisation would be an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written). French desirable.
Experience / Competencies
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in a relevant field of work.
- Demonstrated experience in business systems analysis, design and system testing. Manage multiple projects.
- Experience handling helpdesk tickets from internal/external users (such as Jira).
- Knowledge of enterprise business systems (ERP) and analytics (preferred), especially in the areas of Finance, Logistics and /or HR. Business Process Mapping (BPMN 2.0, UML, etc).
- System integration and Data Analysis (awareness of APIs, Data Modelling techniques).
- Programming skills desirable: SQL, Perl, VBA, etc. Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Microsoft Azure, Dynamics AX, and Salesforce experience an advantage.
- Experience in developing processes and creating end-user documentation.
- Basic understanding of Project Management tools and general project steps.
- Self-driven, proactive, disciplined. Challenging others and being challenged in return.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills. Flexible team player with positive attitude.