Reporting to: HR and Admin Manager
About the Company
Trinity Energy Limited (TEL) is a market leader in South Sudan in importation, distribution and retailing of petroleum products. The company boasts of a strong presence in the South Sudanese market with a growing retail footprint, as well as a strong track record supplying bulk petroleum products to businesses, Government and NGOs within the country. Indeed, in recognition of our market leadership, good business practices as well as overall contribution to the development of South Sudan, Trinity Energy Limited has twice been adjudged the "The Best Petroleum Company" by the South Sudan Chamber of Commerce and Industry for the years 2015 and 2019.
Trinity Energy is now embarking on its next phase of growth with a view to becoming a pan-African integrated energy player.
Overall Responsibility for the Role
Reporting to the HR Et Admin Manager, the Senior HR Officer is responsible for managing the administration of the HR policies and procedures. The Senior HR Officer will assist in carrying out the following functional areas: HR departmental development, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, job evaluations and other employment related functions.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
HR Talent Strategy and Acquisition management
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of personnel policies and implement new HR Operating Policies and Procedures along with ensuring all HR & Admin activities are carried out in adherence to these standards.
• Participate in reviewing policies and recommend changes/additions/deletions to the HR & Admin manager.
• Under the guidance of the HR & Admin Manager, provide support to program and operations staff in interpretation of HR policies and procedures and provide technical support on HR issues.
• Work with HR & Admin Manager on implementation of strategic planning of the department.
• Foster and facilitate the development of cooperative professional relations between and among staff at all levels.
• Participate in recruitment process. Posting positions in appropriate media, CV review, interviewing, reference check, job offer, leading the orientation and travel arrangement.
• Advice Supervisors with reviewing job descriptions, posting job advertisements, screening applicants, conducting job interviews/written tests, reference checks, extending job offers, and ensuring new employee's paperwork/hire pack is processed accurately.
• Ensure that recruitment process is fair and transparent and in line with the HR policies and procedures.
• Ensure proper orientation for all new staff with periodic follow up fields visits for additional support to field teams; collaborate and coordinate with other departments to provide an engaging and welcoming orientation
• Maintain good working relationships with other organizations and provide feedback to management on HR issues.
• Advise and conduct employees on exit management process for exiting employees and maintain its copies on the file.
Staff Relations and Administration Support
• Review new employees contract agreements and ensure the new employees data is updated before the contract is approved.
• Responsible for preparing monthly payroll and maintaining payroll related documents and information are kept properly. Work with HR & Admin Manager to improve the current information gaps in employee records and payroll management.
• Ensure the HR Et Admin Manager staff prepares pension payment in timely manner to effect the payment.
• Review back payments, payroll adjustment for employees.
• Prepare severance payments for employees.
• Ensure updated tracking for back payments and communicate them timely.
• Ensure that all personnel documents of the field office staff are updated and maintained in the personnel files including ex-staff file
• Follow up of employee contract extension.
• Assist in writing personnel letters as required (transfer, promotion, increment, acceptance of resignation and others).
• Assist in preparation of payment in relation to HR especially severance and others.
• Prepare employee turnover reports capturing; terminated, resigned and new employees analysis every year.
• Work with the HR & Admin Manager and the leadership team to develop and roll out a robust performance management framework.
• Coordinate the performance management cycle and with the support of the HR & Admin Manager ensuring that mid-year and annual reviews are carried out.
• Supports the HR & Admin Manager and staff in the goal setting, end of probation or annual performance reviews ensuring proper documentation of performance appraisals.
• Support the HR & Admin Manager to identify performance gaps and develop mitigation plans.
Supervision and Support
• Manage, train, coach HR/Admin officer, the HR/Admin assistant and create a detailed plan to build capacity including performance objectives and development in collaboration with HR & Admin Manager.
• Conduct a timely performance evaluation for staff being supervised.
• Work on the career development plan for the staff under supervision.
• Ensure that the team is working in a harmonized manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in any of the following areas
o Human Resources
o Business Administration
o Or any other relevant field from a recognized institution
• A master's degree in a relevant field as an added advantage
• Relevant HR certifications from a recognized certification body
• Membership of relevant HR professional bodies
Required Knowledge Skills and Experience
• Excellent track record of successful career built out of professional will, tolerance and passion for success, with at least 7 years of HR practice including 3 years at Management roles with a generalist background
• Demonstrate understanding of a wide range of HR functions including management of employee relations
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of labour laws
• Demonstrate Leadership and management skills as applies to the role
• Excellent business acumen and understanding of the overall business operations
• Able to work independently and in a team
• Demonstrate ability to build and maintain excellent relationship with multiple stakeholders within the organization and externally
• Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, influence and high impact
• Embraces change with positive attitude and effectively leads through change
• Demonstrate analytical, problem solving, sound judgment and results orientation
• Ability to manage diversity and operate in a multicultural environment
• Computer literate, with working knowledge of HR information systems
Qualified and interested applicants should send their detailed CV and one page application letter, detailing why they believe they are the right fit for this role not later than 29th October 2021. Ensure that the subject line of your email reads 'APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF SENIOR HR OFFICER'.