The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) is an independent Commission established under Article 171 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 to promote and facilitate the independence and accountability of the Judiciary and the efficient, effective and transparent administration of justice.
For appointment to this grade, the applicant must have:
- i. Diploma in any of the following fields: Computer Science, Information Technology, Information and Communication Technology or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- ii. Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- iii. Meets the Requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- i. Supporting and assisting in the implementation of computer systems and new applications at Court Stations;
- ii. Providing user support and training of users;
- iii. Undertaking basic development of ICT solutions and projects;
- iv. Troubleshooting system and network issues and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- v. Maintaining printers, photocopiers, scanners and other peripherals to ensure availability of service;
- vi. Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- vii. Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- viii. Undertaking repairs and maintenance of Information Communication Technology equipment and associated peripherals;
- ix. Monitoring the performance of Information Communication Technology equipment; and
- x. Reporting any faults for further action.
- i. Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience
Job Core Competencies:
- i Good Interpersonal relations;
- ii. Good Communication skills
- iii. Problem-solving skills
- iv. Ability to work under pressure
- v. Have shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
Interested and qualified persons are asked to visit our jobs portal: https://jobs.judiciary.go.ke for detailed job description, requirements for appointment and instructions on how to apply. All applications should reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH OCTOBER, 2020 AT 5.00 P.M.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 - 00100 NAIROBI
Telephone: +254 20-2739180
Commission Secretariat: Reinsurance Plaza,
Podium Floor, Taifa Road, Nairobi.